cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 11

Do I have to reset my HH2 to get rid of BT Fon?!

Go to solution

Over a week ago I opted out of BT Fon. My hub's been on constantly since, yet my HH's status page still shows BT Fon as active and I can see BTOpenZone and BTFon in my available networks list. 😞

I've restarted the hub, but it's still there. Do I have to do a reset to get rid of it? And if so, I hope a Settings Only reset will suffice, I don't want to mess up my Hub Phones.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gavaskarss
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Do I have to reset my HH2 to get rid of BT Fon?!

Go to solution

Hi Minusdot,

To get rid of the BT FON Network,please login to www.bt.com/btfon and then select check status and opt out of BT Fon network.You will need your BT username and Password

After opting out of BT Fon it will suggest you not to turn off the router for 48 hours

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
normally a factory reset clears it
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

A settings only reset did the trick. I had to configure the hub to get BBTalk to work again, but at least I didn't need to repair the phones or lose my shared contacts.

Odd that it didn't just unsubscribe itself though. I guess BT Fon really don't like to lose customers! 😉

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

It don't like to get new ones either I subscribed but the hub refuses to acknowledge the fact

Its shown as active in the sign up site and works just the hub don't wish to know 

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

BT Fon is now active again on my HH2! 😞 I've checked my status and I'm still correctly shown as opted out.

Ideas anyone? Would contacting THD help?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Minusdot,

Its odd that your hub has started transmitting the Fon and Openzone SSID after you have opted out of Fon.  I can look into this for you.

Please drop me an email to the email address in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the address under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

I've unmarked this thread as solved.

I've now followed DS's advice and emailed btfonenquiry@bt.com. Fingers crossed they can disable this unwanted service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi minusdot

In reply to your subject heading, no you don't have to reset your hub (and imho, you shouldn't have to!)

I'll keep an eye out for the "Yipee, no more Fon!" post on this thread:smileywink:

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Yipee, no more Fon! 🙂