cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TRB
Message 1 of 2

Does everyone here find BT's service unfit for purpose?

I made the huge mistake of taking out a BT contract so that I could watch Premiership rugby. Nice idea but some momnths later I have yet to be able to watch a single game.

Service is woeful. Recently and totally out of the blue I found someone at the helpdesk who actually cared and they improved my 0.1mbs by 100X. Needelss to say I was chuffed. However, 3 weeks later and I'm back to pathetically low speeds and I can't even run a speedtest!

The most recent consultation with the helpdesk had me repeating all of the tests that they insist on running despite me telling them to consult with their CRM to see what was done 3 weeks ago. I am then referred to another team and a call is scheduled for next Monday. The confirmation text states that I'll be charged £130 if it's my problem but there was no mention of such a charge in my telephone call. And throughout the call I was telling the advisor what they needed to do.

I've been on BT for around 4 months now and enjoyed speeds that I haven't seen since the late 90s. A truly aweful experience all round and not one I'd wish on anyone. 

I've now contracted with another supplier on another number at my house in order to return the BB to normality but sadly I'm stuck with BT until my 12 months are up.

I don't hold out too much hope that I'll be any better off in 6 months time but I will have no doubt done all of the tests, resets etc that they request time and time again. What's more I'll continue to waste hours on the phone trying to get a resolution.

Why did I ever change in the frst place?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Does everyone here find BT's service unfit for purpose?

if you have a HH4 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post stats

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the master socket or better the test socket with a new filter?

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings