Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lenevaelena
Beginner
Message 11 of 17

Re: Download Speeds Dropped Dramatically - Broadband Fault Not Fixed

Go to solution

Yes Java is enabled, and any extensions on each browser were disabled. At this point, browser and PC config issues can be ruled out entirely, and the problem lies somewhere between my router & the BT test site.

As I mentioned before, the second test was able to run once (out of over 30 attempts) leading me to the Tap3 test page which did not work as my router was unable to connect having changed the username. I've tried this several times as well (connecting with the speedtest username, as per the instructions).

Unfortunately, my free time is not unlimited and I am unable to spend hours trying to re-run tests & diagnostics that do not seem to work for me 99% of the time.

Is there any other way to proceed on my side (ie. another version of the diagnostic test)?

Or perhaps, is someone from BT able to conduct these tests remotely, if I provide my account details and phone number, to check for the cause of this issue? How do you deal with people who are unable to connect at all or have speeds too slow to run these tests?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

Line noise will cause CRC errors which will affect your actual download speed.

Can you please provide BT Wholesale speed test results for different times of the day?

Use this link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

This may give some idea whether its a congestion issue.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @lenevaelena,

Thanks for posting. I'd like to take a closer look at this for yo so can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

@Keith_Beddoe I think part of this problem is the OP can't get the test to run correctly so we'll need to take a closer look at this.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
lenevaelena
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Just sent you a message through the e-mail form in the link.

Thanks for the quick reply!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @lenevaelena,

Thanks for posting. I picked up your email today. I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I've tested your connection and there doesn't appear to be any faults. Can you try running the speed test again and post the results?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
lenevaelena
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Hi David,

Apologies for not picking up, I was most likely at work during that time.

The speeds have improved significantly over the past three days, and I am now hitting my normal download speeds, which is strange as I have not changed anything in my config, as before.

I will consider the matter solved for now, and get back to the forum if the issue reappears.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know @lenevaelena, appreciate you taking time to do that. Please do post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings