Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vay
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Download speed is normal, but upload speed abysmal

Hi everyone,

I've been getting my usual download speed after switching over to BT, however my upload speeds have taken a nosedive. It's now doing a third of what it was doing when I was on Sky Broadband. I've called customer service about this and also done live chat 3 times, and I've been given the same answer (I'm getting the download speed promised and upload speeds can't be promised). I've asked to have an engineer come round to take a look and they've said that since my download speed is under contractual agreement they simply cannot put me in contact with anyone. My only option is to wait for my area to get BT Infinity if I want better speeds (I've been waiting years), or to leave and go with another ISP.

My speedtests (WiFi and LAN) give me roughly the following:

Ping: 26ms

Download: 3.5mbps

Upload: 0.30mbps

With Sky, my upload speed was 0.80mbps.

I've also tried using a completely different router and had the same issues. 

This dive in upload speed has been a huge detriment to my online gaming experience (disconnecting, lag, etc)

Thanks for your time. 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Download speed is normal, but upload speed abysmal

can you post adsl stats from whatever router you are using

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

sky was an LLU provider and it sounds like you are now on adslmax

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vay
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 13.07.20.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-17 at 13.08.12.png

Thanks for the speedy reply. Is this the info you asked for?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference but when given the option to have a new line installed we said no. So it's on the same line still. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

you are on adslmax and that is reason for lower up speed  the forum mods will try and help and get you upgraded to adsl2 which should give same results as SKY  they will post a contact us line 

a new line would have made no difference

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Vay
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

That sounds very promising! Are the mods around much?

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

they will post link today sometime

after completing the email following the link you join a queue of others waiting for help so it can take 3/5 working days for mods to get back to you

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Hi Vay, 

I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Vay
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

Just got a missed call from 08000285085 whilst I was in the shower. Can anyone confirm that this was BT?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Vay
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Called the number and it went to voice message confirming it was BT. Can I get another call please? Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

you will be recontacted do not worry
0 Ratings