cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Downstream SNR margin "hard coded". Upstream SNR very low causing disconnections

Hi, I have posted threads before about disconnections as the downstream SNR margin was low -sometimes 0.  This was resolved by "hard coding" the downstream SNR to 9.  Not sure if "hard coding" resolved the issue or at some point the thinking was to take the circuit off DLM.  Has been OK since then but recently I am seeing lots of retrains again and looking at the router stats, it seems like the upstream margin is now causing the problems - very low at circa 2db. No noise on the line, no change in setup.  I'll post some router stats later as I'm off to a christening now.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Downstream SNR margin "hard coded". Upstream SNR very low causing disconnections

Router stats

IMG_2037[1].PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Re: Downstream SNR margin "hard coded". Upstream SNR very low causing disconnections

Router stats

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 7

I've known occasions such as yours whereby DLM finds it difficult to stabilise a connection ... and as you say the lack of noise margin causes the connection to erode, often ending in a hard setting to stabiise it. From my experience such settings can and do work, the downside being they can only be temporarily set to hard figures ... after which the connection defaults to DLM auto/both paths.

Your low snr is causing severe errored second counts and yet the margin doesn't budge ... could be a dslam power problem.

In all reality if the reason for that instability cannot be found, you need help again. Low snr connections can be difficult.

Wait for an invite from a moderator ... your connection needs evaluation.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Swalezee and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry you're still having problems.

@RogerB is correct. We'll need to take another look at this for you so can you send over your details again using the link in my profile?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

IMG_2108.PNG

0 Ratings