cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willow20
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Drop in Broadband Speed 3 days ago - very low speeds

My usual DL speed is around 10-12 mbps. Recently this has consistently dropped to below 1 mbps (3 days ago)

This is an issue I had regularly about 2 years ago, but was fixed by BT installing a new line and main socket into the house. 

I have called BT broadband assistance who have done the usual "basic tests' with no improvement, infact a drop in speed. I would be gratefull for any further assistance the forum members or moderators can provide. Thanks in advance

Homehub 4 details:

11:44:26, 19 Jul.( 97.060000) DSL noise margin: 5.90 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
11:44:25, 19 Jul.( 96.150000) DSL line rate: 1112 Kbps upstream, 12664 Kbps downstream

Speed test result below.

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 15.09.43.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Drop in Broadband Speed 3 days ago - very low speeds

was the speedtest carried out with a wired or wireless connection ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
willow20
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thanks. It was wireless, but I'm now connected via ethernet cable. 

I've run the basic bt speed test (below) but the advanced test constantly shows this message:  

"You appear to have not logged on as speedtest@speedtest_domain. In order to run the next test you should login as speedtest@speedtest_domain." I dont know what that means. 

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 16.06.27.png

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
willow20
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

I've got it work - 3rd time lucky:

results with wired connection:

Screen Shot 2014-07-19 at 16.14.42.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Once the Forum Mods have read your post they will post an invite here once you reply to them they will take personal ownership of the problem until resolved. Do not send them a Personal Message as this is the incorrect contact method and cannot be properly tracked also the mod contacted may not be on shift for sometime and this will delay your help The forum mods normally reply within 3/5 working days after you have contacted them They will contact you personally by email or phone   mod contact.JPG

Message 6 of 13

Hi willow20,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community forum!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having with your broadband speed.  I can help get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
willow20
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Thanks for the speedy response. Contact form completed at requested. Fingers xd for a speedy resolution.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

The forum mod team will contact your personally by email or phone normally within 3/5 working days of you mailing them and take personal ownership until resolved and give you a single point of contact in the UK
0 Ratings
willow20
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

I am so frustrated.

A Forum moderator called Olga Clancy emailed me today to tell me this is a wireless connectivity issue.

This thread clearly shows that it is not as the speed is still low when using an ethernet cable. I thought the purpose of placing a link to this thread in the original contact form is to ensure the moderators have access to all the information?

Still not fixed.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 13

Hi willow20, 

Thanks for your post. 

I spoke with your wife earlier and she advised me it was a wireless connection she was using. I did mention that it was posted here that a wired speed test was ran but she said she it was only her ipad in use and never uses a wired connection at all. 

That was the reason for my email. 

I will be in touch with her again and ask if she can give me a number for you. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings