cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Drop in Broadband speed in the last 2 weeks...

I've noticed in the last two weeks my speed has dropped from about 18mg down to as just tested 9.97. Nothing has changed in the config of the router house and so on. Can i get some help with this please? thank you

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 2 of 42

Re: Drop in Broadband speed in the last 2 weeks...

BB SPEED.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 42

Can you post the 2 lines of stats from your router

Have you checked to see if any problems at your exchange?

Your download speed is still above the acceptable limit. Was btspeedtester done with a wired connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 4 of 42

Where can i find the stats on the router? I cant seem to see them haha. Yes its a weird connection on a desktop which is running win 7 ultimate. Yes the download speed is above but i recontracted back in October to get connected onto CN21 and now i'm only getting a boost of 1mg on my old connection so this is why i'm looking for help as i might as well had stayed on my old contract. Thanks for replying
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 42

As before you need to enter hub manager then troubleshooting and then logs and when router last connected to internet there will be 2 lines showing connection speed and noise margin

Your upgrade to 21CN has given you a faster connection speed and a faster download speed even at night it us daster than before and during the day probably a lot faster

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 6 of 42

21:31:55, 11 Mar. IN: ACCEPT [54] Connection opened (Port Forwarding: UDP 192.168.1.64:36362 <-​-​>109.151.230.148:36362 [95.28.129.196:38158] ppp0 NAPT)
0 Ratings
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

Not really i've been home most of the day today an have checked the speeds through the day an they have not gone past 10mg when a few week back i was hitting 16-18mg
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 42

Are you doing the btspeedtester with a wired connection?

0 Ratings
DrWolfenstein
Contributor
Message 9 of 42

Yep buddy wired connection i'm using on the http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

If problem is exchange congestion then I would expect download speed to be ok during the day and slower at night. If the download speed is higher than the acceptable limit showing on btspeedtester then wholesale won't help

0 Ratings