Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Dropping of broadband when someone phones my landline

• Hi It seems my problem has returned once again. Your man worked on this for four hours recently . Problem was sorted at the exchange and now it has gone wrong again. I am totally fed up with this . I have put up with this now for 18 month. Something needs to be done . I am paying for a service which is faulted. 
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Dropping of broadband when someone phones my landline

Have you reported the phone fault to 151 ?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi I have already had an engineer out after coming on the forum. He was working for four hours. The fault was in the phone exchange. He had the line re routed and it was ok for two weeks. Now it has started again. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Who have you phoned 151 and reported a phone fault to get another engineer visit?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Hi Last time I went through to moderator who sorted it out for me. I have all my lines inside the house fully tested and there was no faults whatsoever. Then the line from my house o the pole in the street was checked Still no problems. He went back to the exchange and found the fault was there. I do not see the point of ringing 151 for an engineer to come as my line is ok. It must be in the exchange again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

It could be a totally different fault this time. This sort of problem is usually due to a high resistance connection.

Have you done the full checks at your end, like using a microfilter in the test socket to see if you still get the disconnections?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Albany i'm really sorry the fault has returned, I'm reporting this to the engineers again and will get back to you tomorrow with an update.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for that. I really hope we can solve this problem. It is so annoying as it has gone on for so long. Surely this dAy and age someone can find the problem. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Albany I called there but missed you, did the engineer manage to get the fault fixed for you today?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Albany
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Neil. Thanks for contacting me. Tony the engineer came out and checked everything over. Found one or two things which he checked out and he spoke to someone at the exchange whilst he was with me and between them hopefully sorted it for me. I am keeping my fingers crossed. He reckons  that if this did not work there was just one more thing to do but I can't remember what it was called. No doubt you will be able to see the notes.  He said if I did have any more problem I had to ring him as he knew all about the complaint and he would come out and sort if for me. He was a really nice guy as are you for sorting this quickly after my registering the complaint. It is much appreciated.  Thanks again. Anne

0 Ratings