cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oji1
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

EO line - HELP! Ravenglass exchange, Cumbria

So - after waiting for 3 years in Jan 2016 my local exchange (Ravenglass) was enabled for super fast broadband.  I tried to update to fibre however the update wouldn't go through.  I have subsequently found out that my line is an EO line and connected directly to the exchange rather than through a cabinet.  

Currently I'm getting approx 2mb download and .3 upload which is becoming a problem with a growing family with connected devices.

What can I do?

if I were to request a second line would there be any guarantees this would be connected to a cabinet or would this also be connected to the exchange.?

when I ring BT I get through to an Indian call centre who don't understand this issue and it never gets anywhere.

please help me!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: EO line - HELP! Ravenglass exchange, Cumbria

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

if you are on an EO line then checker will not show a cabinet number

requesting another line will not solve your problem as it will connect to same as existing line EO

you need to wait and hope openreach or BRUK erect a cabinet outside your exchane which will enable fibre to be provided to EO lines

However with your connection speed about 2 or 3mb you are a long way from the exchnage and if cab erected outside exchange then you will be a long way from the cab.  Fibre does not travel well over copper and I suspect you will be to far from cabinet to benefit from infinity

original.png

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oji1
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

I had thought that I'd get faster speeds - maybe 10-15mb? Who do I need to contact? Any idea?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

there is nothing you can do if EO - openreach will not move your conenction - this has been covered many times on the forum

please post results of the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Oji1
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01229717xxx on Exchange RAVENGLASS

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

ADSL MaxUp to 1--0.75 to 2.5Available
Fixed Rate----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line does not have left in jumpers.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact the Broadband supplier they want to take service from to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

as you can see there is no cab number confirming you are EO

sorry but even if BDUK erected a cabinet outside your exchange you will be to far away to get infinity or faster broadband.  openreach are looking into and testing other methods to help people to far for current method of broadband but who knows when that may be available

0 Ratings
Oji1
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Thanks ( I think )!

There is a green cabinet which connects the village of Waberthwaite to the Ravenglass exchange - this is about 1 mile from my house.

Is there anyone I can contact or is there no chance - I'd be happy with a satellite connection but I'm just concerned with the data capping and price of satellite.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

from the stats you posted and estimate from dslchecker I would estimate you are 4.5/5km from the exchange and if cab erected outside exchange the coper distance would be the same and from the chart I posted you can see the tail off before that distance

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

openreach will not re-route you phone line just so you can get broadband - many people have already posted the same question

0 Ratings
Oji1
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Yes from the exchange - about 4km.

Accept I wouldnt get full fibre but it would be faster than what we get now.

0 Ratings