cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Staab
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

EXTREMELY SLOW BROADBAND!

I have made a thread before about the appalling speeds of BT Internet, but the speed increased so I left it, but now it has became worse than ever!, I tried to take a speedtest on BT's Site, but my connection was so slow that I couldn't even take a speedtest, I managed to do it on speedtest.btwholesale.com, and the speeds read "0.22 downsteam and 0.36 Upstream" I am Discusted why my speeds are like this, I have contacted BT And they claimed I had a Fault in my broadband, They said to get an Engineer out but I just can't afford to pay £99 with all the stuff that I am paying now, and worse of all, I have a fault in my phone line, something needs to be done about these HORRIFIC SPEEDS. I am not happy, ever since the day BT Broadband got set up in my home, i have been discusted, and yes, I am using an Ethernet cable, I have tried so many things to speed it up, everytime I restart my HH3, It just gets slower and slower, I just want something to be done about these speeds, and someone to give me any tips. 

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 00:50:09
Downstream:384 Kbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:Unknown or no mode configured
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):14.2 dB / 17.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):53.8 dB / 31.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):16.1 dBm / 12.5 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):3 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: EXTREMELY SLOW BROADBAND!

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Did you connect to the test socket as i suggested in your previous post? Did you remove the bellwire in the master and all your extension sockets as i suggested before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Staab
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Yes, I have tried my test socket and bellwire? what Is that may I ask?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

this link should explain about the bell wire http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

When you opened the test socket i suggested you remove the bellwire on terminal 3 in master and all extension sockets as this an cause noise problems. Are you connected to test socket now?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Staab
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

When I open the socket there are no wires attached to the plastic, the face just comes right off. have the bellwire already been removed?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Thought your previous posts in old thread said you had extension sockets so where are these Connected if not to master?

think I am connected to the master socked.
And I have another socket in my house up stairs.

0 Ratings
Staab
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

I don't know, I am 16 years old and the bill payer (my mother) told me to write on the forums, I am confused with all this stuff, I just want to know why I have these ridicules slow speeds.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

The master socket is the first socket in your where the t wires enter from outside. Other sockets are extensions. Are you connected to master? Does the bottom half of master detach?

Without information from you it is difficult to help

0 Ratings