cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haran
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

End contract with BT

I have very slow broadband which I am paying 40 pounds a month.I spoken booked an engineer to come and inspect fault.I spoken to customer service open a ticket for engineer visit.Engineer came without any prior notice and call me when I am at work asking me for access to property.I couldn't leave work at short notice.So the engineer close my ticket without do anything to fix the fault.I called BT customer service again. They told me there is fault on the line they can see on the line test (problem with exchange) which engineer don't need access to property.Soon as that exchange fault had been fixed then engineer will call you to make appointment to access the property.I said OK.Engineer came without any warning which I happened to be in the property. Open reach engineer said he need to change wire from the telephone pole to my house but he can't get on top of the telephone pole due to wet condition.He need to order hoist and he ask me if I am going to in tomorrow.I said yes. He left.I wait until lunchtime next day then called customer service again to find out what time the engineer going to come in. Customer service said open reach engineer closed that ticket.Customer service wasn't surprised engineer close ticket without fix the fault. He make another ticket next weekend (I work Mon -Friday). Customer service send a reminder about the appointment and reminder if the fault found to be inside of the propertythen I will be charged 130 pounds. So I called customer service to cancel contract even though which will cost me 330 pounds. Because engineer going to blame something not right inside the property. So they can charge 130 pounds extra. customer service lady said it is stranded practice. Why give open reach an open invite to charge 130 pounds more. They can't Fault find the line. So far excuses coming from customer services and open reach engineers. First engineer told me the wires outside my property is about 40 years old. I paid 44 pounds installation change one year ago. All I got was master socket. Why don't BT tell us what will cover installation change will cover. BT infinity is working at 1mbits/s rate. I have BT TV, broadband, phone line and mobile phone contract.
How do find when my contact ends on BT website?
5 REPLIES 5
CJT80
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: End contract with BT

just to advise you have posted this twice, so I am replying to this one. 

you may wish to see if you can delete the other post. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
CJT80
Expert
Message 3 of 6

@haranwrote:
I have very slow broadband which I am paying 40 pounds a month.I spoken booked an engineer to come and inspect fault.I spoken to customer service open a ticket for engineer visit.Engineer came without any prior notice and call me when I am at work asking me for access to property.I couldn't leave work at short notice.So the engineer close my ticket without do anything to fix the fault.I called BT customer service again. They told me there is fault on the line they can see on the line test (problem with exchange) which engineer don't need access to property.Soon as that exchange fault had been fixed then engineer will call you to make appointment to access the property.I said OK.Engineer came without any warning which I happened to be in the property. Open reach engineer said he need to change wire from the telephone pole to my house but he can't get on top of the telephone pole due to wet condition.He need to order hoist and he ask me if I am going to in tomorrow.I said yes. He left.I wait until lunchtime next day then called customer service again to find out what time the engineer going to come in. Customer service said open reach engineer closed that ticket.Customer service wasn't surprised engineer close ticket without fix the fault. He make another ticket next weekend (I work Mon -Friday). Customer service send a reminder about the appointment and reminder if the fault found to be inside of the propertythen I will be charged 130 pounds. So I called customer service to cancel contract even though which will cost me 330 pounds. Because engineer going to blame something not right inside the property. So they can charge 130 pounds extra. customer service lady said it is stranded practice. Why give open reach an open invite to charge 130 pounds more. They can't Fault find the line. So far excuses coming from customer services and open reach engineers. First engineer told me the wires outside my property is about 40 years old. I paid 44 pounds installation change one year ago. All I got was master socket. Why don't BT tell us what will cover installation change will cover. BT infinity is working at 1mbits/s rate. I have BT TV, broadband, phone line and mobile phone contract.
How do find when my contact ends on BT website?

Hi there @haran

There is a lot of info to go through, so I will do my best. 

Let's focus on the £130 charge, that's incase the fault is with any internal wiring, that's from the 1st "Master" socket onwards in the house.  If you have one socket and only one socket, and you have nothing else connected to it, then realistically no charge would be made. 

Any provider that needs to have something fixed, or checked uses Openreach and that can be great or awful. 

How long have you had the services for?  Outside of 14 days it would normally be full cancellation charges, but that may not always be the case. 

If this can be fix would you want to stay as you are? Obviously with some recompense for the cost of the line rental etc. 

PS my comment about the double post, is so that one thread is replied to. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
haran
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

To make matters worse BT trying to con others with their advert. BT now increased the contractactual period 18 months and claverly advertising they have 83% UK coverage. If someone thinks they going get 76mbits/s through BT infinity speed signed up they will regret signing with BT. I would be over the moon if I get 50mbits/s.
My broadband was good until two months after signed up for the second annual renewal. Most people just put up it like myself. Thinking things will get back to to the good times like me. Eventually they will reach that point which I am now. No more. Not any more. Pass that point of no return with BT. It is not only the open reach cowboys who don't fix the equipment, they just go around houses blame customers for the poor performance charging 130 pounds whenever they can get away with it to make even more profit BT. I think BT customer services know this is happening. If I raise a ticket and open reach closed the ticket without doing any most customer services would be outraged. BT customer service is causally open another one. All this just to buy time and continually can change customers. Is it really worth it? If you think BT will pay compensation think again BT cleverly stating it is good will gesture. So they are not going giving your money back.

0 Ratings
haran
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I manage to escalate this issue to UK customer services to investigate this issue. BT openreach engineers not addressing broadband speed issue through their laszness or won't fix attitude and UK customer services when reported won't take the issues seriously and continually covering up for BT openreach engineers. Adding insult UK customer services sending email in a threaten manor about 130 pounds charge to customers who already paying for the poor service month after month. It might be a standard practice for UK customer service department not to me as BT telecommunications customer. I think UK customer services taking sides with openreach not addressing customer complaints. I raised a complaint to UK customer services department regarding openrach engineers. I think they are going cover this up. I think this slow broadband issue is widespread. Because soon as I seen the 130 pounds email I called UK customer services ask them cancel broadband, TV, phone line and mobile then they mentioned the word good will gesture payment.. So I also raise compliant to openreach on their website investigate their engineers conduct. I might be idiot to ask openreach to investigate openreach and UK customer services (who siding with openreach) to investigate oprnreach. I don't think whole British telecommunications is rotten to core. I think few bad apples who never got caught so far with bad practice carrying on giving whole British telecommunication a bad name. It is really keeping up at night now. BT UK customer services might think you have tell few lies to charge customers money. Does British telecommunications actually thinks they can treat customers this way make just to money?
Time will tell.
0 Ratings
NigelJ
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hi twice we have had line faults and BT advised that if the fault is in my property charges as per your note. Both times it was outside of our property and their equipment at fault. Once we were over two weeks without phone/ broadband and the compensation equated to the amount we had paid for that period approximately and nothing for the inconvenience. Customer service satisfaction is pretty poor but I don't think that they care.

0 Ratings