cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Engineer/Installation restrictions due to COVID

We moved into a new flat and yesterday was our scheduled engineering visit to install our broadband. We received multiple emails/texts confirming that 1) we'd be home, 2) to ensure we provide access to our BT connection point as it was required, and 3) that if we were self-isolating or showing COVID symptoms that we rescheduled.  Thankfully we're healthy and were home so all was good...

But we received a call from the engineer telling us  that he arrived but that he could only do work outside of our house and wasn't allowed to come into the flat to test due to the virus. Further, he couldn't even go into the communal entranceway to test the BT connection point for the building. We were never told about these limitations/restrictions in any of the communication. We optimistically hoped the signal would activate by midnight but — you guessed it — nothing as of this morning.

So now we need to book an engineer (again) to come and troubleshoot, or to do the remainder of the testing and installation. Before I call BT to see what the options are, I'm turning to the community here since I had great results from the Admins in the past when I've had issues. I guess my question is, is there even a solution right now? Are there exceptions made where engineers can or will come into the home and check the connection points? I don't want to pay for an unusable service if it's going to be months before this is addressed for fixed. Another question is, how can I pause my billing cycles if I won't have service for an unforeseen amount of time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 3

Re: Engineer/Installation restrictions due to COVID

Anyone?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Engineer/Installation restrictions due to COVID

engineer will not enter premises so if that is need to fix your conenction then sorry it's not going to happen

https://www.openreach.com/covid-19-coronavirus

you should not be billed if service not activated

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings