cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 12

Re: Escalating a problem and complaint in BT

So received a call from BT Community rep last Wednesday, had a long review of my ongoing problems, as always promised that he would stick with case until resolved, promised that he would call me yesterday prior to Engineer arriving. Promised me that the engineer booked was the top broadband fault finder, wish I could remember the title, but I do recall an impressive acronym. I asked the rep if it would be possible to send me a new hub as this was the only thing that none of the previous engineers had tried, my view being that I didn't want the engineer today changing it and marking fault as being fixed, I wanted to rule hub out. I asked that when I received the promised call that I report broadband performance and BT check connection graph prior to engineer arriving and that drops in connection be confirmed at BT side.

Yesterday, I received no call from Community rep as promised, but I did receive a call from the engineer due to arrive today. He was a CUBE Engineer, and not the Engineer with the impressive title, he did say that he had read the case notes and he was not the engineer promised, he also said that he saw no point in attending the property. I did however share with him that I had not experienced any drops in broadband since I replaced the hub (7 days), we agreed that today, he wouldn't attend property, but he would call in from outside to BT and say all good in property, but customer reporting that since hub changed, there had been no drops. BT side checked graphs and confirmed this to be the case.  Good on the CUBE engineer that I got this time, he read the notes, realised he had been booked in error,  didn't waste his time or mine in an unnecessary trip to the property, had a proper conversation with me and did as I asked.   

No doubt BT will now close my complaint as I fixed their problem, I'll send them my bill.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 12

Re: Escalating a problem and complaint in BT

Hi I’m experiencing same eventually asked to speak to agent re getting out of contact to be told I would have to pay remainder in full. I only took out contact in January for 24 month believing in the garb I was told, anyone know how I can get out
biffo 4
0 Ratings