cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelg
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: Escalation of REIN fault

Thanks john46.  Do you think the mods would be able to help if I contacted them?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 26

you should just report a fault to customer services or have you already tried that

contacting mods is by invite only - PM will not work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nigelg
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Thanks for info re the mods.  I  have not reported this fault personally, as it was reported by one of my neighbours.

I think, as you say, it would probably be worthwhile starting a new ticket, but I was at my neighbour's house during some of the BT engineer visits, and understand the pain that he went through!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

I think you need to report the fault and see if Openreach can solve the rein problem. If after getting engineer visit and still no progress then mods may help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
nigelg
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Thanks imjolly.

0 Ratings
markt1891
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Hi imjolly (it's Mark the OP),

Nigel just made we aware that he has updated this thread. You suggested that the mods may be able to help us if an OpenReach engineer visits and is unable to resolve it, well that is the current situation today.

I have already spent hours on the phone to BT Broadband support and spent 2 days waiting at home for 2 separate engineer visits. After the 2nd visit was arranged I even tried to contact BT OpenReach complaints myself to explain the nature of the issue and that there was no point in sending another standard engineer to my house. They were very abrupt and told me I had to go through my ISP. So what did they do... they sent another engineer unable to fix the fault wasting more time and money.

The last update I had was between Xmas and New Year, this was about 2 weeks after the last engineer visit. The engineer rang me to say that he had been to the exchange and spotted some test equipment connected. He enquired about it and was told that they thought there was a fault with one of the line cards and a team would be going in to fix it over the new year. That was the last I heard.... nobody has contacted me to say it has been fixed or closed the ticket. The problem is still there as of today, Nigel and I were both hoping that the ADSL2+ upgrade may have helped but it seems not.

The problem now is trying to get this raised again will be a painful process. The communication between BT Broadband technical support and BT OpenReach is awful. Experience tells me that an engineer who is not skilled in diagnosing or resolving this type of fault will arrive, run some line tests and disappear saying he needs to escalate it. That will be the last we will hear, it has happened 5 or 6 times to me before. As I am sure you can appreciate the thought of going through this again fills us both with dread.

All that we need is a way of getting the fault to the right person in OpenReach, I even know his name as he has been involved in our previous REIN faults. However as customers of BT Broadband that is almost impossible for us to do.

If the mods are able to help facilitate any communication with OpenReach to get this resolved then it would be most appreciated.

Mark.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

see if mods can help or suggest something else  they will post a contact us link 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 18 of 26

Hi markt1891, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry that this isn't sorted yet. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will be in touch to help.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 26

The engineers have a rein process to follow. An e side change, a d side change, internal wiring changed and exchange quipment changed. Once all this is done the engineers can call the rein helpdesk and get it escalated. But if evidence of rein is present most of that can be skipped and the rein support can be contacted sooner.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Did this get resolved? I am a BT customer.

it was very stressful reading this as we’ve had the exact same issue - internet problems since March - daily - it’s off more than on these days. 

No faults on line, 4 different routers having the same issues.

10 engineers out, more than half have suggested REIN but none have had the right equipment and we’re going round in circles with them - I just want it tested so we can either eliminate or pursue. 

Ive taken 10 days of A/L to accommodate for visits that have done the same routine checks and moved us no further forward, suggesting the same things yet nothing is escalated and no visits are being tied together - it’s like they get treated separately or something, and there’s no accountability between ISPs or Open Reach - they just blame each other!

ive got an 11th engineer coming out Monday of which I have to taken unpaid leave on - it’s making my work punctuality look shocking! Almost every week I’m taking time off and last minute as well! 

How is can I raise a request for REIN investigation that will get followed up properly? 

Thanks

0 Ratings