cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelg
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: Escalation of REIN fault

Yes it did get sorted eventually, but this was 4 years ago, and since then we have switched to fibre broadband. Mark and myself always found that the best way to get help is from a forum moderator, but there is no easy way of doing that as far as I know. Once you get the right engineer OpenReach are brilliant. Is your problem continuous or does it happen at regular intervals, or specific times of day? And I assume you have tried your line with your router connected straight into the BT test socket to eliminate internal wiring?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

@Hward 

are you on adsl or fibre FTTC or FTTP?

if adsl have you tested for REIN using portable radio tuned to 612MW

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Thanks both,

yes used a radio radio to test for REIN but it is making a continuous noise, which I’ve flagged and shown to engineers but they never pass comment.

the internet is down sporadically, however less so when our flat carpark is empty, and it happened round about the same time a few people moved in above us, so I’m sure it’s a REIN issue, although not in our flat as we had no new tech at the time we started getting issues, and we’ve tested with everything unplugged too. 

I thought we were on ADSL but apparently it’s Fibre  now according to the engineer who was our earlier. 

Test socket doesn’t work, which I flagged to the engineer, however I don’t think that’s the issue as their equipment hooks up just fine. 

Every engineer is puzzled by the issue, but most suggest REIN, then leave and nothing actually comes of it - so frustrating! 

Will try try reaching out to a mod if the engineer next week doesn’t do anything. 

Thanks!

0 Ratings
nigelg
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

One of the causes of REIN that we had (not what this thread is about though) was a neighbour's treadmill, which he and his wife used at a pretty fixed time every morning. Hence why I asked if it has any sort of pattern. Another was a sewage pumping station down the road, which caused more grief when it rained. So keep looking for patterns, and the best of luck!
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 26

@Hward 

don't understand how the test socket does not work  if any socket should work it is the test socket which suggests wiring not right

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Hward
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 26

Sorry - I meant the phone part works, but the broadband doesn’t - our phone line is absolutely fine it’s just the internet which isn’t working.

we have a duel split mastersocket so it’s already prefiltered - phone works fine here and internet doesn’t. 

Taking the cover off off and putting the ADSL filter in the test socket has the same issue. 

0 Ratings