cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Extreme low throughput

Hi, several of us on the same line have the same fault.. so far we have had 7 engineers out and I’ve still no nearer to fixing the problem. 

The fault is extremely low throughput.
at the property we have circa 14 to 16 Mbps into the router.. OUT OF ROUTER 2 Mbps !!!

this test speed is the same on the engineers test equipment and on the BT hub they have also disconnected the coper line in the exchange and they are getting 24 Mbps  from the rack but across the hub or test equipment they are only getting 2 Mb per second out!!! 
there is no rain on the line or any other issues as the line has been disconnected and the fault is in the exchange, BT say it’s an open reach problem and open reach site it’s a BT problem the line is not capped and they say all profile settings are correct.

Five of my neighbours are all experiencing this problem 

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Extreme low throughput

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Thank you all noted.... 

BUT 

If the open reach engineers do not get more than two meg of usable speed from their test equipment on the rack this eliminates all property and line issues.... up until six months ago we were getting eight meg plus and extremely happy with the service

all 7 engineers get 24 input and 2 output at the exchange to doing another line test for S/N etc on the line is pointes as the tests are done when the copper line is removed from the circuit. 
thus prob is at the exchange or up stream.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 22

if you have had that many engineers I can't see what a customer to customer forum is going to do to help.

you could post hub connection stats and results from BTspeedtetser to show the problems you are getting.    is problem all day or just peak times

at least that way mods may be able to offer help/suggestions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Hi, was hoping someone else had the same problem of No through put at the exchange rack.... 

BT nor Openreach have a clue what is wrong at the various lines here. 

I guess i will have to wait 3 more weeks to take it to the ombudsman, i have also taken advice to ofcom.

giving line / router readings are pointless as the fault in at the exchange and on the eng’s test gear.

just not getting anywhere with them  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 22

You would need to receive a deadlock letter from BT, before you could take it to the ombudsman.

As you refuse to provide the information requested by this forum, there is nothing this forum, or the BT moderators can do to help.

The moderators usually resolve most issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 22

Thanks for that info. 

ive given details that their is no throughput at the exchange.. ie no line connected ! So the error is in the exchange or up stream or software / profile settings, none of which are info by looking into the hub. 

thanks rich 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 22

If the OR engineer had observed the problem as you describe it , your line disconnected at the MDF , and their hand held equipment connected directly to the to the broadband port , achieving ‘max’ sync around 24Mb for ADSL2 , but only getting around 2Mb throughput , then obviously the fault shouldn’t be closed but passed to the group responsible (BT Wholesale or BT TSO) I would imagine a lift and shift was already  done to eliminate the individual port you were on as the issue.
Did you receive any communication from your ISP along the lines of ‘it’s fixed , if you don’t agree it’s fixed text or call’ , if you didn’t,  how do you know the fault is closed and not being investigated by a more technical staff than an OR customer service technician , the OR engineer can only really do a lift and shift of a broadband port , after that, if the issue is ‘deeper’ into the network equipment, it needs to be escalated and if there  is a problem at that level it’s almost certainly going to affect more that one end user, so should be dealt with quite urgently 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Hello, this is the exact problem as confirmed by the last 5 OR eng’s.... 

each time they sign it off and say to phone bt to raise the fault again as they dont know what is wrong..... they DO NOT escalate it even when they openly say they have NO CLUE WHAT IS WRONG.

they have done the swap etc with no change, I know of many of the local also have the same issue, but Nothing is moving forward. 
I will raise your tech descriptions to my case manager on 27th and see what happens.. 

Many thanks for your help 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Its looking like after 10 !! Yes 10 OR engs 2 cast managers and a manager of cast managers the problem is now been sent to the MARVEL TEAM! 
They should contact be by tomorrow evening... 

the last to OR engs say we are on a VPN in this area... but dont know why 3 house around us are on full fiber and have been for over a year.. 

both bt and OR say there is on fiber due in our area, but I have seen it for myself in place and working. 
BT RETAIL BLAME OR .. OR BLAME BT RETAIL and we all are in the middle.. Its time now for us to contact BBC/ ITV consumer programs

0 Ratings