cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Extremely SLOW Internet Connection plus MASSIVE latency (2000-4000ms+)

About a month ago I was managing to game on our internet connection fine with no latency issues at all and no lag. Recently it has gotten extremely unplayable and unusable, even while doing light internet surfing (30 seconds - 2 minutes waiting time) which is very annoying.

The BT Wholesale speed test says my connection speeds are around 0.1 to 0.2 mbit/s which is unbelievably slow. While I am doing some light gaming my ping averages around 3000 and sometimes reaches 7000 or higher in rare cases. I could probably stick an ethernet into a potato and get a better connection.

All being serious are there any things I could do to troubleshoot or resolve these issues? Our neighbours are getting generally okay speeds which are usuable, but we are not.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Extremely SLOW Internet Connection plus MASSIVE latency (2000-4000ms+)

Hi @Alex333333 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the connection speed. I'm sure we'll be able to help with this. Can you post your helpdesk details? You'll find them in Troubleshooting/Helpdesk on the web interface at http://192.168.1.254 or http://bthomehub.home. Can you also check for any noise on the line by connecting a phone to the test socket and dialling 17070 option 2? Are you able to run a speed test? Give us as much detail as possible and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Helpdesk Info

Speed results:

Download: 0.12 mbit/s

Upload: 0.00 mbit/s

Latency: 2560 ms

There was no noise on the phone line.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Can you put your telephone number into here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com and post a screenshot of the results please
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

Which exchange and cabinet?

Are you connected to the master socket? Or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Killincy Cabinet 3, master socket.

0 Ratings
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Are there any problems?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Can you remove the faceplate and connect to the test socket and repost the connection stats from the hub?
0 Ratings
Alex333333
Beginner
Message 10 of 12

Is no test socket, it must be an extension sorry. What must be the master socket is currently inaccessible.

0 Ratings