cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 31

Re: Extremely Slow Broadband & Very High Ping Rate

Hi @aarong96

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the confusion about the broadband package you're on.  You can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand with this from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Hi Robbie, thank you! - have just pinged over a message.
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Hi @RobbieMac Did you receive my message okay?
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Hi both @RobbieMac & @john46, sorry I've not received any form of acknowledgement of sending of a message. In the meantime I've had BT India contacting in regards to the 'fault' -  have ignored so far as of John's suggesting.

However our internet is now virtually unusable now, I've just about managed to get on these forums. 700 ping rate, 0.23dl & 0.22 up!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 31

Hi you would have received an auto acknowledgement as soon as you sent in the contact after the form is sent in it can take up to 5wotking says before they contact you by email or phone rhe waiting time excldesweekenfs and bank holidays
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Good Evening, 

Just wanted to confirm our internet has slowed down even further over the past week to the point where we have no internet.

Yesterday after running a speed test - we achieved an impressive 2600 ping, 0.00 Download speeds and 0.28 Upload Speeds

Today after a router restart, the ping rate had died down slightly to an okay 69 ping - however download speeds we’re still 0.71.

After checking the BT Home Hub it appears we are still connected to ADSL

Interestingly, looks like Open Reach have also ‘downgraded’ our current ADSL connection from an ‘okay’ 2-4mb download to a messily max of 1mm on their checker.

Really need to get this sorted, so that we have a stable internet connection that works. Is there anything that we need to do our end to switch over to the higher speed connection on VDSL; as opposed to ADSL Max?

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 31

@aarong96 I'm sorry to see you're having connection issues, I've checked our email queue and can't see anything from you in there. Would you mind filling in the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 31

The Forum Mod contact link looks like this the mods do not reply to private messagesmod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Thanks @NeilO & @john46 , @RobbieMac was assisting with this and had advised my farther (the account holder) via email that an Open Reach engineer would visit the local cabinet on the 1st of September (today) to switch over the cables from ADSL to VDSL.

I have sent him over a reply via email - however not sure if this goes direct to him or not; hence posting on here also covering all bases.

The question is, should I need to do anything our end/ router end to switch from adsl to vdsl - as the router is still showing adsl DL speeds are still less then 1mb download etc?

Thanks for your helpm

Aaron.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 31

there should be nothing you need to do the change over should be automatic however if there is still no VDSL tomorrow try one hub restart the email should go to Robbie Mac
0 Ratings