cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Extremely Slow Broadband & Very High Ping Rate

no you are not on VDSL you are on ADSL MAX this is shown by the modulation show on the help desk page ( line 25)

as to FTTP on Demand you can for get that as its costs are prohibitive normally in the thousands to install and a minimum 3 year contract of around £100.00 per month the service is designed for businesses
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 31

Okay thank you, so I need to go to BT and ask to be moved across - any implications on doing this and will they resist/ ask for more money - despite paying for 'faster' broadband?

I understand, was looking into this recently - however thought there was a indefinite Stop Sell/ Hold on this, preventing orders from all ISP's.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 31

you will need to enter into a new contract and pay the appropriate price for the service you are certainly NOT already of faster broadband with fibre
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Thanks for the info and your help John - have spoken with BT again and yes they had put us on the wrong ip profile for faster broadband. So now upped to VDSL, fingers crossed its slightly better!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

They cannot just change a profile to move you to VDSL it needs an engineer visit to your local street cabinet and moving your connection to the new fibre cabinet and a new contract  you are on convential copper ADSL not VDSL

0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 31

The Homehub 5, oh really - I'm not sure what they changed over the phone in that case....

Our local street cabinet is about 2 miles away from us, the cabinet we are connected to has fibre. So do I need to call back up and ask them to book an open reach engineer to move the connection over. Assuming they wouldn't charge a fee, as it was connected wrong in first place.
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Also to confirm, at our previous house we we're on 76mb fibre with infinity contract. When moving to this new property, we asked to be put on highest speed available (Faster Broadband) - with no new contract, instead continuation. As the fact that our broadband had to lower in plans from infinity, was no fault of our own.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 31

I am not suggesting you have done anything wrong just that since your move you have been placed on a basic ADSL copper broadband service you are certainly not on faster broadband with fibre the hubs modulation shows that as I said in line 25 of your hubs help desk page  G992.1 annexe A is copper broadband G.992.3 Annexe B is VDSL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

You need the forum mods help with this one I will ask them to post their contact link here and they will then take personal ownership until resolved but from now on please avoid the call centres as they are just causing more confusion
0 Ratings
aarong96
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Okay thank you, really appreciate that - I'll stay away from the call centres and await a mod in that case.

I do have a call back with tech support from india, tomorrow however don't think they will be much help anyway if its a change in the cabinet. Thanks again for your help.
0 Ratings