cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Extremely slow adsl broadband been ongoing for months please help!

I have this exact same problem but hub 4, i have spoken to india, spoken to BT on Facebook and had an engineer out, the engineer said its capped at the exchange so i will never get more than 0.50 but BT say its not capped, ( I believe the engineer) now BT say this is the best they can do, I was better off with my previous supplier it was the same but cost less, now with BT not really interested what are my options? i'd sooner just tell BT where to go but i have 9 months left on the contract, its so bad i can't have 2 devices connected at the same time

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Extremely slow adsl broadband been ongoing for months please help!

just leave the connection alone and the connection will improve automatically
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi @DisappointedDavid,

What does the broadband checker say about your line? Can you try running a speed test and post the results?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Don't really understand what the broadband availability checker means and it wont copy and paste, ran 2 wholesale checks today for the guy in India and i got download 0.47 upload 0.20 next time download 0.49 upload 0.36 , my last supplier one time had it over 1.60 when i updated a satnav but that didn't last long and never happened again, there are 7 houses here and before an engineer was booked i did a wholesale test ot less than 0.50 then tok the laptop to a neighbours house where she got 2.04 download speed so it is possible to get it better than i'm getting now ( she isn't a BT customer)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

the availability checker will copy and paste as it is posted regularly here
0 Ratings