cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

FTTP only?

Hi,

I am about to move to a rental property that has standard copper phone/ broadband line. I have been told by bt that the line has to be upgraded to full fibre as they have upgraded the local cabinet so that it now only uses full fibre. Ideally I do not want full fibre due to the additional equipment that needs to be installed within the house and also as the house is grade 2 listed I have to be careful where the outside connection is positioned. Can I insist on keeping the copper line or is this just not possible. Amy advice would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: FTTP only?

FTTP does not come from the street cab so any upgrading is nothing to do with FTTP

enter your phone number or address and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

I do not have a phone number yet unfortunately. Could it be the exchange that has been upgraded. I gave the address the the moving home team and was told that due to an upgrade to the infrastructure that I needed an fibre line, external box and obviously an internal modem. The property has had a phone line and broadband a couple of years ago
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

use your new address in the checker and post result  remember delete address before posting

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

How do I post the results? My screen shots are to large to upload. Here is some information from the property search

It states ADSL Multicast as available

WLR withdrawn as No

SOADSL Restriction as yes

It says the premises/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority program.

FTTP NETWORKservice information. Single dwelling unit. Residential UG partial direct in ground.

FTYP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

use the camera icon to post

how to upload photo.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Screenshot_20210301-103430_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Screenshot_20210301-103446_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

As a phone line also has to have an entrance to the house, I would imagine they can run the fibre into the hole for that if the copper is no longer connected so the external would look pretty much the same apart from a slightly larger (ok more than slightly, but not excessive) box on the outside.

Inside the ONT they are fitting is about 3' square so very small, and you would need a router nearby even with VDSL.

I imagine you would need the owners permission though, but as FTTP would be a selling point in the future, I would imagine they would be open to it ? 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@Gary_C wrote:

Inside the ONT they are fitting is about 3' square so very small, and you would need a router nearby even with VDSL.

think you got size wrong 3' (ft) square is not small