Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bjosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Fast Latency request

Go to solution

Hello I am wanting my latency changing from interleaving to fast please as i do a lot of gaming

thanks

1. Product Name: HomeHub5 2. Serial number: +076284+1512010071 3. Firmware version: v0.07.07.03230-BT (Type B) Last updated 11/5/2018 4. Board version: 01 5. ADSL uptime: 0 days, 04:37:50 6. Bandwidth: 448 / 1888 7. Data sent/received: 34.1 MB / 277.0 MB 8. Broadband username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com 9. BT Wi-fi: No 10. 2.4GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-6ZFR 11. 2.4GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 300 Mb/s)) 12. 2.4GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 13. 2.4GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 14. 5GHz wireless network/SSID: BTHub5-6ZFR5GHz 15. 5GHz wireless connections: Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s)) 16. 5GHz wireless security: WPA2 Only (Recommended) 17. 5GHz wireless channel: Automatic (Smart Wireless) 18. Firewall: Default 19. MAC Address: 5c:dc:96:00:47:40 20. VPI/VCI: 0/38 21. Modulation: G.992.1(DMT) 22. Latency type: Interleaved 23. Software variant: - 24. Boot loader: 0.5.0-BT (Tue Jun 17 18:52:56 2014)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Fast Latency request

Go to solution

Hi @bjosh Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
bjosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
Hi thanks but I can’t see the contact mods option?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

your are on adslmax  can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

your conenction time is very short was that a manual reset or are you having problems with conenction dropping hence you are on interleaved and not fast

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bjosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

hi @imjolly it was a manual restart

Untitled.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution

You would benefit from upgrading to adsl2 and could ask mods to help that way you could improve your speed and get latency changed to fast

based on the dslchecker results  your current connection speed looks very low - have you tried connecting to test socket with a filter to see if that improves your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bjosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution
@imjollyhow do I contact them to request this change? Thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution

Did you find the mod 'contact us' following the mod link

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

@bjosh If you fill in the contact the mods link that @JohnC2 made visible to you earlier today we'll be able to organise this for you. 

0 Ratings
bjosh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution
Thanks @imjolly I’ve sent it across.. by the way, on the dsl checker it says wbc fttc is available.. what is this exactly and is it better to go for that than my current adsl?
0 Ratings