cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Fast broadband for Exchange lines?

My connection is direct to the local Exchange, not via kebside cabinet.

This means that my max speed is around 10mb and it is not possible to even consider BT Infinity.

Are there any plans to offer subcribers on direct lines the same facilities as offered to customers living further away, but who are connected via kerbside cabinets?

Alan
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fast broadband for Exchange lines?

Openreach do have solutions for Exchange Only (EO) lines. This might be installing a PCP and DSLAM outside or near the exchange for those near the exchange and are on EO. This is not uncommon and has been seen on various BDUK project areas.
There have also been cases where new combo cabinets installed in or near villages further away from the exchange that were on EO lines. Some have even seen FTTP deployed.

If you are in a BDUK/SEP area then you may just need to check if your local programme in it's current state is including EO lines in the deployment.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Alanrf
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I am in the Coventry, Solihull, Warwickshire area but there is no reference to urban exchages, although there are numerous villages and so on listed.

Wonder if they'll reduce rental charges when you can't get the higher speeds.  (Well, you can live in hope I suppose!)

Alan
0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 4 of 5

@Alanrf

Have you tried entering your postcode here to see if you are in scope of your BDUK project - http://www.cswbroadband.org.uk/your-area/broadband-checker/

It will give you an indication if you are within a commercial area or included in the above project.

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
brianhes
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

You're already paying the same as many people that get much lower speeds than yourself.

0 Ratings