Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Thewildknight
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Faulty Home hub 5

Hope someone can advise me. Had BT infinity 2 for a couple months now but ever since it was installed I have an issue where all devices connected to the wifi intermittently loose connection or buffer. I have tried the obvious which is to try different channels but I have pretty much tried every one and have the same issue.

Is there anything else I can try or do I have a faulty home hub? How do I go about getting it replaced?

Thanks for any advice.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Faulty Home hub 5

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

have you split the networks   

Split the networks

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.

did you change the lease settings in your hub from default 1 day to max 21 days?

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Thewildknight
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Faulty Home hub 5

Thanks.

I'll give splitting the networks a go and also increasing the lease time, the other suggestions I have tried but with no luck.

0 Ratings