Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James8571
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Faulty connection at weekends

Go to solution

Hi,

so in the past two months, I’ve been having perfect connection to the internet Mon-Fri but as soon as it turn to Saturday or Sunday my connection goes. By connection going, I mean I’m still connected but I only have access to surfing the internet, YouTube, BUT when it comes to playing ANYTHING multiplayer like Xbox Live, Clash of clans or anything like that. It doesn’t load/connect etc. I’ve had engineers round to my house twice, both during the week so they do absolutely nothing as it only happens on them two days. Everywhere says it’s fine, usual upload/download but it’s just somewhere along the line anything multiplayer just cuts off. They told us to upgrade to the smart hub for house coverage which we did and it’s made no difference at all.

please could anyone explain or help,

thanks

james

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Faulty connection at weekends

Go to solution

can you post hub stats  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information   if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

are you connecting with wifi or ethernet when problem happens?

any line noise  try dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
James8571
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

9CAEE12B-668F-48A8-8D38-9494D6361361.png6B6E119E-D970-4E2A-92CE-8B4FE13C54FD.jpeg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

connection time only 4 days was that due to manual reset or hub dropping connection.  if the latter does hub drop connection often?  have you been resetting hub to try and improve connection?

quiet line test?

using wifi or ethernet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
James8571
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

it always happens on Saturday and Sunday so we restart the router quite often, but we haven’t restarted it 4 days ago as it would have worked on Monday... 

its not the connection it’s something else as I can watch 4K videos on YouTube, yet not connect to xbox live on an xbox...

im currently on the phone to BT so I can’t test the line

im using wireless for everything, I’ve tried wired also and it still doesn’t work

i have the Smart hub 2 with the second disk half from xbox to router

0 Ratings
James8571
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Issues Resolved:

Parent Controls we’re deactivated, but not removed

thanks for the help anyway

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @James8571,

Thank you for posting back. I'm glad your connection is back working as it should.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings