cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fiber broadband in my area.

Go to solution

Hello folks, first time posting on here looking for an answer seemingly impossible to get elsewhere at the moment, in the process of moving house and when i checked the broadband connection i was able to get sky superfast coming in at around 60MB DS this has since disappeared from skys website and all others aswell. BT now claiming fiber isn't available im my area on there checker which i dont think is right.

I have read a bit on here and come to the assumption the cabinet may be full that's why I can't get it and done what has beem recommended but couldn't check with landline as we aren't in the house yet but done adress and here is what it come back with.

Basically just to see if anybody can confirm if the waiting list thing means it is available but i will need to wait until somebody cancels or moves etc. 

Thanks you very much in advance for any help. 

Screenshot_20220301-200103_Gallery.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fiber broadband in my area.

Go to solution

The image does confirm a waiting list, basically all the ports are in use, you can order adsl (standard/copper) broadband and then check weekly for a slot to be free, they are assigned on a first come, first served basis and no provider gets priority.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks richie. Now looking like i made a big mistake not taking it when it's been available the last couple of weeks then.

Got a feeling it may have became available since the persons we are buying the property from have probably disconnected theres and now somebody has snapped it up but who knows

Thanks again for the input 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@GMAN123 

This would have nothing to do with BT Retail, as its Openreach that provide the network.

If you intend to go with Sky, then you need to post on the Sky user forum, as this is the BT Retail Customer Forum.

0 Ratings