cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
santa_nethy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Fibre broadband available next door, but not eitherside (including ours...)... help!

Hi,

We currently have BT Infinity 1, but we are moving house to B620NE and BT say that fibre broadband isn't available... but our soon to be new neighbours have BT Infinity and we are connected to the same exchange. It is a copper wire to from the house to the exchange but they still pick up speeds of 35mbps, and putting in their address to the fibre broadband checker it confirms it. I've put the postcode of there other neighbours into the checker, and it's not available for them either.

I spoke to BT today and was on and off hold for quite a while, as the lady tried different sytems to see if it could be ordered... to no avail. She said if it's not available to order it's not available order. One of her colleagues said the cabinet could be full? But this doesn't help us.

Either way, I ended up going for standard broadband (6.5-14mbps) and they waived the £130 connection fee. But I'm going to cancel. I don't think we should sign up for a service that we don't want, when we're pretty sure if somebody went to the cabinet they'd find that we could get BT Infinity.

How do I get BT to check the cabinet before we commit to a contract. Is there any chance that if I kept our new order, when the engineer went to the cabinet he'd find that fibre/BT Infinity is available for us?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Fibre broadband available next door, but not eitherside (including ours...)... help!

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Re: Fibre broadband available next door, but not eitherside (including ours...)... help!

Please don't double post. It just leads to duplication of answers

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Fibre-broadband-unavailable/m-p/1707921

0 Ratings
santa_nethy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Sorry, happy to combine, but I don't know how 😞
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

you cannot combine or delete a post
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I have moved posts onto your other thread. Please use that one and not this one.

0 Ratings