cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeviCooper
Message 1 of 6

First Time Setup

Hi there
I ordered and payed for BT broadband on Friday the 23rd of September. The person who spoke to me on the phone explained that the hub would be sent to me the following Friday (30/09/16) and the connection would be made remotely by midnight that night.
Today, after the broadband still hadn't started up, I called bt. When I eventually got through to someone, they explained that an engineer was supposed to come out but they hadn't bothered to assign one. I now have to wait until Monday for an engineer to come round and my wife had booked yesterday off especially to receive the kit and set up the broadband. This is very disappointing service from BT.
My question is what is it that the engineer is supposed to do when they come around? And also, why was I told it would be done remotely?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: First Time Setup

Most, if not all, Infinity installs are self-install now, an engineer is not required. The hub is just plug and play, the engineer just re-arranges your connection in the green cabinet and the broadband is activated remotely.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Is your phone line working?

0 Ratings
LeviCooper
Message 4 of 6

Phone line isn't working yet either. It's normal broadband, not fiber, (there aren't enough ports in my area yet). I guess that's what the engineer does.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 5 of 6

You'll get help quicker posting in the correct (ADSL) forum.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Moved to correct board.

Until the phone is working, broadband cannot be provided.Have you receive notification that your phone line has been activated?

If so, there is either a line fault, or a problem within your own internal wiring. You can prove your wiring by plugging a phone in the test socket.

Ports are provided in the exchange, but its unusual to run out of them, as there are normally plenty of spares, as people move over to BT Infinity.

I would suspect a line fault, which is not unusual, but you must check your own end first.

0 Ratings