cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Fitting adsl extention using Mk4 Faceplate

Go to solution

I have fitted  mk4 face plate to the master socket 5C, so I can fit an extention for my broadband using the A&B connectors on back of mk4 faceplate. 

I have fitted a Rj11 socket on the other end  at terminals 3&4, so I can fit my router directly to it.

I am of the understanding that I dont have to fit filters as the mk4 faceplate has this already. 

The problem I have is , broadband is working great , but the phone has no ring tone and doesnt work.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Fitting adsl extention using Mk4 Faceplate

Go to solution

@phillipshipley1961 

Who provides your phone and broadband service?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

BT Supply my phone and broadband.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@phillipshipley1961 wrote:

BT Supply my phone and broadband.

You need to check to see if you can still get dial tone at the test socket, just in case you have dislodged any wires.

Plug your phone into the socket shown here, and make sure it works.

nte5ctest socket.jpg

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

this recent post should help you

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Is-it-possible-if-so-how/m-p/1975307#M294079

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi  I have checked the master socket with phone and it working ok.

I have read a few other post about the mk4 faceplate , and I of the thinking that the A& B terminals on the back of mk4 faceplate aren't filtered like the front 2 sockets is this right.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Correct as posted in the link. The connection carries both broadband and phone and needs filtered

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

I would like to thank everybody for there much needed advice 👍.

I have now sorted the problem by fitting a Rj11 plug to my extention and fitted it to the data slot on front of Mk4 faceplate, and other end which is in my lounge I have fitted a Rj11 socket

Now working perfectly. 

Thanks once again

Phil