cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kynichol
Message 1 of 4

Flashing Pink Broadband light then blue but intermittent connection - please help

Dear all,

Thanks for taking time to read this post.

I am having some issues with intermittent broadband connection.  I have tried resetting the hub numerous times.

On reset the broadband light flashes pink and orange for some time before going blue.  It then takes an age for any devices to get an IP address and get connection.  The connection for various devices is then intermittent with at times the error message that the device is unable to join the network.

I have had no large increase in devices over the holidays and all the devices have previously been on this network.

I have performed the various tests asked for and the images of the results are posted below.

Your help is greatly appreciated as this is killing my productivity at home at the moment on some important work.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 12.35.57.png

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 12.38.33.png

I have also taken apart the phone socket and tried the connection via the test socket without much change in circumstances.

Thanks,

Ky

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Flashing Pink Broadband light then blue but intermittent connection - please help

welcome to the forum

are the problems with wireless devices or etherent as well?

have you tried a factory reset using recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash? - just once though   this will take hub back to how you receieved it so wifi password would be on hub

please don't keep resetting the hub as it will not help just make it worse

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kynichol
Message 3 of 4

Re: Flashing Pink Broadband light then blue but intermittent connection - please help

Thanks imjolly

The problems are with both ethernet and wireless devices.

I have tried locating the hub on another phone socket in the house and so far it seems better but I am still only getting 6mb download and 0.5mb upload - is this usual for home hub 3 customers - felt like I was getting faster speeds earler in the year?

Have you had any luck replacing the home hub hardware with other devices to get better speeds or is that all limited to my local area?

Very keen to get some improvement as our wifi is really limiting the family's capacity to get stuff done.

I am unfortunately unable to get BT infinity where I am at the moment.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Have you tried using the test socket which should be your best connection. test socket.jpg

Try quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should be quiet and best with corded phone. If cordless then dull hum normal

have you removed the bellwire from terminal 3 in all sockets. 

bellwire removal

with your attenuation and a good line I would expect connection speed of 13/14mb

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings