cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbourhill
Message 1 of 3

Flashing red broadband symbol

Apologies if the answer to this is elsewhere but I'm getting very frustrated. I'm in the process of moving into a new house and arranged to have my broadband and phone line pre-installed to avoid unecessary complications. The line was created on the 29th April and I waited the obligatory time before attempting to test the broadband. Each time I attempt setup it goes  through the green - blue- orange light sequence before becoming a steady orange with a flashing red broadband symbol. The guidebook said a problem with the line but a lengthy and pointless conversation with the helpline included checking the line, restarting the box numerous times and and full reset. The last advice I was given was to switch it all off, wait an hour then try again which unsurprisingly didn't work. Can anyone offer a solution?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Flashing red broadband symbol

Did you try connecting to the test socket with a new filter and see if that connects

are you on adsl or fibre

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Flashing red broadband symbol

It could be broadband has not been activated on the line I suggest you try 08001114567
0 Ratings