Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kenkyle236
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 38

Re: Frequent Internet Disconnects

Try and get your latency type on your line on interleaved as fast path may be unstable on your line and may be the cause of the disconnections
0 Ratings
Jamiesti
Contributor
Message 12 of 38

According to these stats i am now on interleaving, no idea when that happened. Had a stable connection for the past 3 and a half days, finally got my connection back up to where it should be and it has now cut out and restarted twice in the past half an hour. Could this be a problem with my actual home hub? No idea why it is doing this, only started in the past month, it is so frustrating. Tried to email the guy that helped with my profile issue last time but i am getting phone calls from the call centre telling me to try things i have already tried.

ADSL Line Status

Connection information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 00:23:04
Downstream:8,128 Kbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):10.2 dB / 22.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):24.5 dB / 12.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.9 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):367 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):4 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):10 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
0 Ratings
Jamiesti
Contributor
Message 13 of 38

Regarding connecting it to the main socket, that will be tricky. Currently it is connected to the 3 rd socket (which it always has been) in my bedroom upstairs and the main socket is downstairs.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 38

You really need to connect to the test socket as this will eliminate your internal wiring as being the dause of your disconnections.  If you don't try that and you get an engineer visit for thr drops in connection and the cause is your internal wiring then you pwill be charged the £129.99 callout fee

have you removed the bellwire from all sockets 

bellwire removal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamiesti
Contributor
Message 15 of 38

I know nothing about wires or how a phone socket works. I am not an engineer....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 38

That's why I posted a link to explain and also there are numerous posts showing test socket.  It is ip to youbut if problem with your wiring then you will be charged the £129.99 callout fee

all internal wiring is the homeowners responsibility

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamiesti
Contributor
Message 17 of 38

Probably being though i connect it and i don't find a problem. Engineer then finds a problem and then i get charged anyway because i don't really know what i'm doing. Anyway i've had 3 more disconnections in the last 30 minutes, guess i can't play my ps3 online for a while, lol.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 38

The first thing is to connect to test socket and see if that stabilises your connection. If it does then bellwire next - but test socket first

0 Ratings
Jamiesti
Contributor
Message 19 of 38

Will have to wait until the weekend then. Would be surprised if either actually stopped me losing connection now and again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 38

If you read throgh some of the forum post you may be surprised at the problem that internal wiring can cause and theimprovement you get ehen connecting to test socket

better try that instead of taking a chance on £129.99 bill

0 Ratings