cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Frequent disconnection & slow upload speeds

Hi,

For the last few days, I've had frequent disconnections, which seem to occur every 30 minutes or so, but when the upload speed is very slow, at about 150/200kps, the connection seems stabilise and goes on for longer than 30 minutes. 

I haven't changed any of my router setup but following this I've replaced the adsl filter  and the phone extension cable, updated the firmware on the router but it still seems to be happening and was wondering if anyone could advise. 

BT have already checked the line and say there can't see a fault so it must be the internal wiring that is the issue

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Frequent disconnection & slow upload speeds

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith_Beddoe,

Thanks for your message.

I've tried the quiet line test and can't hear any noise.

I've only replaced my phone extension cable today, therefore I'm not sure id the connection may need some time to settle so may disconnect now and again to begin with?

My router is only 2 years old so I am assuming it isn't the router that is the issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried connecting the hub to the test socket with the new filter and eliminate the phone extension cable and see if that improves your connection stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi imjolly,

Thanks for your message.

I've currently connected the router to the master socket and will see how it goes.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

Just an update regarding this- The router has been connected to the master socket for over an hour but in that time it has disconnected and reconnected twice.

Therefore I am assuming that it could be a router issue, or could it be possibly an issue with the cable connecting the router to the adsl filter?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

@confusedgirl100 wrote:

Hi,

Just an update regarding this- The router has been connected to the master socket for over an hour but in that time it has disconnected and reconnected twice.

Therefore I am assuming that it could be a router issue, or could it be possibly an issue with the cable connecting the router to the adsl filter?

You need to connect it to the test socket to see if the home hub still disconnects.

Which BT Home Hub are you using?

0 Ratings