Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenWizard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Getting Infinity connected

Go to solution

I had an engineer booked for last Thursday, September 30, to connect me to Infinity but didn't arrive. I have spoken to 0800 111 4567 four times but although they have been very helpful am still waiting for another appointment. I received four emails and one text informing me that the work was successful and is now active. Can anybody help me get connected to Infinity as I get the feeling it might go on for some time before getting sorted?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Getting Infinity connected

Go to solution

Hi GreenWizard,

I can help you with this! Please could you drop an email to the email address found in my profile. Please make sure to include your BT account details and a link to this thread.

Thanks

Paddy,

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Highlighted
Patch2K
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Same problem, really not happy with BT.

Set up nearly three weeks ago, appointements all booked, checked the website in the run up to the original appointement to see it had been changed, no email, just me checking so then had to re-book another time off work for three days later. now with an hour left of my alloted time on Friday no one had turned up, no phone call, text, email, change on the BT website. So i rang you up!! No, sorry, there has been a problem, no one will come today, re book again (going to the back of the que again) and waste another day off work for a week later. The lady said sorry they did not come but they deffinately will be out next Friday. Really....

So, i book next Friday off work, which at short notice is not something i like to do. So then, a phone call on Saturday, sorry but we have to switch something over that will not be done until Tuesday!!!! What do you have to do??? So my third appointement will have to be cancelled? WHY, if whatever you have to switch is done by Tuesday, why do i have to loose my third booked appointement??? i have the Home Hub, so Why?

Please tell me how this is acceptable, and why you have so little regard for people jobs and ability to re book six hour periods at the drop of a hat. So i cancelled it. Why should i have to be messed around by BT. No "is their something we can do? just ok, i will cancel that for you now, in the way that it means less work for him on the end of the phone. So i take my 10 year internet and 26 year phone custom to sky?

Terrible service.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Colszy
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Same problem,  spoke to BT yesterday to confirm that everything was OK for my installation today.  Took unpaid leave off work to wait for engineer.  Did not turn up - no phone call, nothing.  When I called to ask where the engineer was, I was informed that there had been an issue at BT Wholesale and my appointment was being delayed.  I don't have a crystal ball BT - some proactive feedback would have been nice.  Now in limbo, no idea when I will be connected and I'm told that I will be contacted in "due course".  This is the kind of service that I was getting from Sky and which tempted me back to BT in the hope that I would be treated as a customer rather than a commodity.  So come on BT how's about proving me right in trusting BT with my custom and get my broadband on and working in the next 48 hours???  If you succeed I'll gladly reply to this post with the requisite commendation and congratulatory statement.

0 Ratings
GreenWizard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Got connected to Infinity this morning and only took just over half an hour. Very pleased with the outcome and worth the wait. Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
djb773
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

USELESS

If you have a choice...DO NOT USE BT!!. Local neighbour had Virgin installed within morning and engineer very courteous and did everything for him, all left working. Unfortunately i dont have cable so had to use BT for the service. Worst mistake i have ever made. They abuse their monopoly of this service and i'm not sure why i cant go to other providers for fibre! Where's the monopolies commission when you need em?? I'd bore you withh the chain of events, but each time you interface with them it gets worse!! Even their own engineer was slating them! I'm gonna recover some compensation by recording my experience in a script for Victor Meldrew, but i think it would be too far fetched even for him! Please heed my advice!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

djb773 this thread is marked a solved   it was posted a year ago   so now closed 

0 Ratings