cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 53

Re: Getting a little tired of my connection being capped (non torrent traffic)

Wholesale are not aware of any congestion problems on 20cn connections on your exchange - not aware not that there is none

Even though your throughput is down to 1.6mb it is still above the shown acceptable limit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 53

just leave it for now the mods will be in touch over the next few days with you personally and get the connection sorted out for you
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 13 of 53

well the problem seemed sorted for a couple of days after my last call from support but its seems to be to its usual crappy self again

last night's result:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.48 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

tonights result done just there:

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.37 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

looks like i'm going to have to send another email, maybe time to start researching other UK ISP's i think.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 53

please re contact the mods and leave the help line alone as that just causes more confusion  congestion on an exchange  affects all ISP's apart from LLU ones

0 Ratings
horobi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 53

Hi johnboyjoe

I have almost exactly the same issue with the same figures as you (even slower sometimes) so I can sympathise with you!

One thing that that does strike me as strange is your statement

'well the problem seemed sorted for a couple of days after my last call from support but its seems to be to its usual crappy self again'

I experienced the very same after my first support call regarding this issue. 

My concern is that there is something BT 'could do' but there is a reason that you or I may not be prioritised. Do you use BT vision?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 53

there are no caps on speed an if you have vision a portion of your download is provisioned for that service but is only used when downloading not for normal viewing
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 17 of 53

Hi horobi

it really is seriously begining to bug the hell out of me, i am still having issues, i've had an engineer out to check that the line was ok and it was, like i already tried to tell them, they always seem to to try pass the buck, i'm not some n00b that has no idea about what i'm doing.

i've spend the weekend taking results from the bt perfrormance test and sending them to the forum moderation team.

i too find it very strange how the connection improved for a few days after the final call, if BT are prioritising peoples connections that's just plain out of order and really just kind of confirms there are issues with they're network and its not possible for us all to have the maximum connection speeds that we should be getting at the same time.

and if anybody's connection is being prioritised it should be mine being probably one of the 1st interenet users in the small villiage i live in.

you know my quater bills used to £500+ on a 56k modem, then i moved up to home highway isdn, my ping's on isdn to uk/euro gaming servers were better back then lol

ach i'm kind of getting a sick of it all to be honest but BT seem to have myself and this village by the short and curlies as there is no cable/virgin available in this area so we have other choice but to use BT lines.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 53

BT DO NOT prioritise users at any time the only capping is on P2P protocols at peak time on pre February 2013 contracts

It can be  some time  before  BT Wholesale can  get  the exchange virtual paths upgraded this problem will be affecting all ISP's on your exchange the upgrades take place during routine maintenance  periods over the 5500 BT exchanges 

0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 19 of 53

so how do you explain the sudden increase and decrease in speeds, a coincidence? i suppose it could have been for both of us.

yes i know it will affect all ISP's on my exchange but i could be paying even less for the poor service i am recieving.

you know if i hadn't of chased BT up a few months ago i'd still be paying £30 a month for this lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 53

@johnboyjoe wrote:

you know if i hadn't of chased BT up a few months ago i'd still be paying £30 a month for this lol

do you mean renewed your contract? 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings