cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 21 of 53

Re: Getting a little tired of my connection being capped (non torrent traffic)

suppose in a way i did as i had to bind myself to another/new 12 month contract, since for years i have been paying £30 a month while new customers paid less for the same connection, if i hadn't of chased this up i'd still be paying the £30 a month.

because BT sure wouldn't have contacted me to offer me a new deal, they even told me this which didn't really surprise me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 53

@johnboyjoe wrote:

so how do you explain the sudden increase and decrease in speeds, a coincidence? i suppose it could have been for both of us.  The reason has already been posted exchange congestion  once you can post  the further diagnostics part of the BT speedtest at  a number of times  for example 9am 4pm and pm then a  trend can be seen and the forum mods  can get involed if the speeds drop below BT Wholesale spec 

So far  your speeds are above that level 

yes i know it will affect all ISP's on my exchange but i could be paying even less for the poor service i am recieving.

you know if i hadn't of chased BT up a few months ago i'd still be paying £30 a month for this lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 53

like has been said on forum many time before you should keep a record of contract end date so you can negotiate a new deal or get MAC code and move elsewhere.  as you move to a rolling monthly contract when contract expires you monthly cost reverts to standard terms

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 24 of 53

well obviously i didn't know this or i sure would have chased it well before i did, i wonder how many BT customers are actually aware of this?

BT could have just lowered the monthly charge to the standard going rate which they were giving to new customers after a 6 month period but why would they though its extra money for nothing!

but obviously it's my fault just like my connection problems lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 53

I am yet to find anyone I deal with who drops my monthly cost to match new customers. I always need to renegotiate my contract to get best deal and BT is no different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 26 of 53

which is fair enough but don't you think theres something wrong with that, na? because i do.

but anyways check the latest results of my latest bt performance test lol

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.26 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 53

speeds are still within Wholesale spec
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 53

BT used to automatically renew your contract but OFCOM told them that is not acceptable anymore so now they don't do anything about renewal however saying that I just received a reminder that my LRS is due to expire

0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 29 of 53

a reminder that the contract was about to run out would have been nice then i may have done something about the fees sooner, kind of like when your car insurance is about to run out.

John46 - do think that these kind speeds are acceptable, bearing in mind there are another 2 people with in this household that would like to use the internet access?

would you be with the service i am being provided with?

personally i think its a bit of a joke.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 53

I would not be happy if my download speed was having problems due to exchange congestion but at present from your btspeedtester results your download speed is within acceptable limits and as such wholesale won't help

0 Ratings