cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 31 of 53

Re: Getting a little tired of my connection being capped (non torrent traffic)

so as far as they're going to be concerned if its not dropping below 0.5mb i should happy with the connection and just accept this even though its down to they're hardware the problem is being caused, they'll just continue to add people onto the exchange and not upgrade anything.

see if virgin/cable was available in the is area whats ths bets something would be done about this sooner or they would be losing quite a bit of custom from the users in this village.

but because it isn't we just have to grin and bare it.

personally i think its disgusting and not a good way to do business.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 53

virgin have the same problems as you will see on there forums
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 53

It is not BT Retails your ISP's problem unfortunately it is a Wholesale's problem and they have limits set that apply to all ISP's and there is nothing any of them can do
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 34 of 53

really well the people i know on virgin are not experiencing the problems i am with BT and they're connections are certainly not dropping to what mine is.

so John you never answered the question i asked you on the last page?

i don't quite get your last reply, so it would be a BT problem then wholesale or not, it is a BT exchange and BT are my ISP?

i know that changing my ISP will make no difference because i'd still be using the same BT line and exchange, the only thing i would probably gain is a lower bill for the poor service being provided.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 53

like imjolly i would not be happy but nothing can be done until Wholesale carry out a VP upgrade as to virgin just read their forums and you will see for yourself as posts here from posters who have let virgin because of poor speeds
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 36 of 53

a little update i had an engineer out again this morning, it would appear that i'm on a hot virtual path, now wither i get moved to a path that isn't so hot we'll just have to wait and see.

so at the exchange is it kind of like blocks of swtiches or something?

oh and if i did move ISP i would not necessarily experience the same problems, it depends if they are using the same hardware/block/set or whatever its called lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 53

this link may help http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/status.htm correct you may be moved to another VP but that could also be as bad
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 38 of 53

yup i just got a phonecall and that's what the guy was saying, basically waiting on word back from wholesale about changing the VP but that needs to be checked to see if it's going to be any better, if not then its an upgrade that has to happen which will take longer.

thx for the link John.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 53

glad to help let us know how things go
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 40 of 53

a little update, i have the engineer coming out yet again, wholesale say/confirm its not a VP issue but

‘Line Characteristics indicate water ingress into cable terminations. This is likely to be underground or exposed block. Please investigate access line condition and terminations, especially for water ingress.’

well something i don't quite understand though is why is it only happening at peaks times, if it is the fault they now claim it to be wouldn't this kind of fault be affecting the connection all of the time?

starting feel like i'm going to be panned off.

0 Ratings