cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 53

Re: Getting a little tired of my connection being capped (non torrent traffic)

must admit if it was a water ingress problem I would expect problems all the time not just at peak times

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 42 of 53

Re: Getting a little tired of my connection being capped (non torrent traffic)

exactly imjolly, maybe they think the general public are a bit thick or something?

because i can assure them that some of they're engineers are after hearing what i was told today, i still can't get over who exactly he was trying to convince, himself or me, maybe he had better things to be doing, seemed like that.

anyways the engineer arrives today and comes to the conclusion that, wait a minute, cos this is a classic, my radiator was to blame, because the cable that runs to my phone main socket was near the radiator and this has melted/shorted the wires inside the insulating wire rofl

he then tries to point out some marking on the wire and says it was a burn mark, so i have look at the cable and its pretty clear that theres a little rust from the corrosion of the U tack keeping it place, i rubbed it off right infront of him and still he thnk becuase he replaced the wire my problems are solved, like duh!

where do BT get they're engineers from?

if your going to send someone round at least sent one that knows what he's doing please, its not hard its pretty straight forward if you employ the right people. i've worked and wired a lot of wires in my time and i have never seen this kind of thing happen to a cable, but suppose you never know, theres always a 1st.

anyways as expected the problem is still there, i think its quite clear now that there is a problem with the VP IMHO and from what i know theres plently space of whatever is needed down at the exchange for BT to make use of.

i shall email the guy that's meant to be helping me out and keep this thread updated until the problem is solved or my contract runs out and i move on, i can see the latter happening 1st though.

johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 43 of 53

Re: Is or does BT Throttle its customers at evenings and nights?

aye they'll just keep adding users onto the VP and not even care about the quality of service, until you go under the acceptable level of 0.6 Mbps lol sorry thats a bit of a joke and they have kind of covered they're asses quite well with that, but if your a day or 2 late with that bill payment they're straight on your ass, pretty witty and says it all to me really.

personally i thnk 50% of your maximum is more of a reasonable level to provide your customers that are paying for a service that they are not recieving.

if you move ISP's you may not encounter the same problems but if you do you'll be paying a hell of a lot less for the poor service, prettty sure i saw sky offering the same deal for £2.50 a month and with less line rental than what BT charges you, how does that work? lol

no Virgin in your area? lol hmmm

should have a read of my thread and see the carry on i'm having getting my connection sorted, really is beyoind a joke now.

kfreeland
Contributor
Message 44 of 53

Amazed to see how long you have put up with your speed problems. I have an ongoing thread on here as well. Like you after i was contacted by BT care initially something must of been done because my line went from 0.89mbps back up to 12mbps but only for 3 days, then it was back down to under a meg. My problem has been going on for near a month now and i've had an engineer out who went over everything in the house for 4 hours. He changed my master socket, tried different routers, done all sorts of line tests and made numerous calls. I got another engineer coming Tuesday though i'm not sure what they will do. The first engineer told me it could be something to do with bt retail or something but BT care phoned me yesterday along with the engineer booking and said it is not to do with them. Luckily i don't have central heating lol Cat LOL

0 Ratings
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 45 of 53

my speed also sucks and all you end up with is BT Muppet's telling you its above 0.6 so be grateful. even tho it was 7.8 a few months ago.

At 1 o'clock tonight ill have 5 or 6mb then tomorrow ill have 2.3mb. if i use my computer when everyone is a sleep ill be ok but that was not pointed out to me in their sales pitch.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2.18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.1 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7 Mbps

SLOW SLOW BT CONGESTED EXCHANGE THAT I SEEM STUCK WITH HOWEVER AT PEEK TIMES WHEN I HIT A VERY SLOW 1MB ON MY BT LAND LINE THAT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG I CAN JUST DISCONNECT FROM IT AND CONNECT TO NEXT DOORS VIRGIN MEDIA UNSECURED D-LINK ROUTER AND GET A 2.6 CONNECTION. HOW ???????????????????? AND WHY????????????????? IF ITS CONGESTED HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE OR DO VIRGIN PAY BT A **bleep** LOAD OF MONEY.
0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 53

Do you mean 1 o'clock tomorrow morning?
0 Ratings
art-tech-uk
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 53

no i mean 1 o'clock tomorrow daytime !!!!

SLOW SLOW BT CONGESTED EXCHANGE THAT I SEEM STUCK WITH HOWEVER AT PEEK TIMES WHEN I HIT A VERY SLOW 1MB ON MY BT LAND LINE THAT COST ME AN ARM AND A LEG I CAN JUST DISCONNECT FROM IT AND CONNECT TO NEXT DOORS VIRGIN MEDIA UNSECURED D-LINK ROUTER AND GET A 2.6 CONNECTION. HOW ???????????????????? AND WHY????????????????? IF ITS CONGESTED HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE OR DO VIRGIN PAY BT A **bleep** LOAD OF MONEY.
0 Ratings
johnboyjoe
Contributor
Message 48 of 53

Well they finally kind of admitted that it was a hot VPN issue, they said they couldn't do anything about it until the end of last month, we are now 5 days into this month and its just as bad

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.63 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.6 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

if i wasn't bound to BT for the next few moths due to a recently new contract (will have to check when exactly it runs out) i'd have changed ISP by now, and if they don't get the finger out by the time it does run out i will.

anwyays just a little up date as to whats been happening.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 49 of 53

are there any estimated dates shown here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/mso.php

http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?

http://btbusiness.custhelp.com/app/service_status

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15036

http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 53

upgrades can sometimes be delayed if a major network issue occurs as this type of work is carried out over night Monday to Friday
0 Ratings