cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

HH2b disconnecting when ADSL status page viewed

A month or so ago I swapped my elderly HH2a for a HH2b.

On many, many occasions I have found that simply displaying or refreshing the Advanced/ADSL Line Status page causes the connection to drop (i.e. the HH disconnects and the blue 'Broadband' light goes out).

It does reconnect, but that's beside the point. Surely looking at a status page shouldn't cause the connection to drop?

I also can't see how/where I can switch off Wireless, which was possible on the HH2a. Could that be disabled because I am opted in to FON?

I could revert to the HH2a but that was incredibly slow at displaying it's status/config pages. Every time you click on a link to go to a different page, or refresh the current, 5-10 seconds delay.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH2b disconnecting when ADSL status page viewed

this is a known fault and I reported it about 18months ago.  However I expect that it is now on the very back burner for a fix as the new HH3 is available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

if your hh2a is working there is little point in changing to the 2b
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for the info. I'll switch back to the HH2a.

With the 2b I also noticed that Noise Margin seemed to be lower - 2.something or even 1.something as opposed to 4-5 on the 2a. Although I'm surprised the hardware can influence that.
0 Ratings
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

@john46
As mentioned, the 2a is painfully slow at serving status/config pages.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I would put up with slow status pages to avoid disconnection as they can do more damage to your connection speed
0 Ratings
MarkV
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Yes indeed; I was just explaining why I had switched from the 2a to the 2b in the first place, not then knowing about the disconnection fault.

0 Ratings