Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HH4 issues

Wondering if anyone can help please?

Been having major issues with our broadband speed for a while now, and in the last 2 weeks the home hub has started acting up.

Occasional flashing amber light instead of the steady blue, but the flashing light is now pretty much constant. Can only get the blue for a few minutes at a time. Starting anything up (Firestick, download on Sky box etc) seems to knock it off again.

Have checked all the connections, all seem to be fine. Replaced the ADSL filter to my phone line in case it was that, and refreshed the channels on my homehub app, all to no avail.

Called BT a few times (why can't they answer the phones quicly - hanging on for 30 minutes before someone answers is REALLY frustrating) only to be told I need to replace the hub at a cost of £50....no, dont think so BT! 

Anyway, can anyone shed any light on what to do with this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH4 issues

Is there any noise on your phone line when you make and receive calls?

Is your Sky box connected to the phone line correctly, see digram below?

This also applies to BT Infinity.

skyconns.jpg

0 Ratings
drunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

No,no noise on the line.

sky is not wired to the hub. It's not only sky that causes the HH to lose connection.

0 Ratings
drunner
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Just realised (after making a cal tonight) that there is noise on the line, apparently been there for a while says hubby.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call once the line noise is fixed your broadband will improve automatically
0 Ratings