cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophos9
Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Happisburgh, Norfolk - ADSL Performance Headache, dropping out and slow speeds

Go to solution

I've installed some line logging software to kee pan eye on when the connection goes wonky. Saw this when I checked this morning - I would suspect if I was up at that time, I would have heard crackling on the line.

As has been the problem for years, only the upstream is affected. I'll get the logs running and look for any commonality in when conditions take place

SNRMargin-2017-01-14-15.40.42.png

CRC-2017-01-14-15.43.14.png

Swapspermin-2017-01-14-15.51.38.png

0 Ratings
sophos9
Contributor
Message 12 of 15

Re: Happisburgh, Norfolk - ADSL Performance Headache, dropping out and slow speeds

Go to solution

Its been some time however happy to come back and offer some closure on this. First off, looks like BT have resolved some problems around this area. Those across the road now have phone and broadband and others are seeing improvements.

Robby from the forum team did an amazing job of managing this and worthh noting, its people like that which kept me a customer so hopefully you read this (or your management does) and can pass on the thanks.

BTOR sorted my problem and whilst speed is underwhelming, I've attached the following. After the changes, Robby changed the connection to fast path and can say I'm really happy. This level of line uptime is fantastic. Fibre is just around the corner so fingers crossed I get my cake and can eat it.

So I'll mark this as resolved and thanks again to the forum help.

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @sophos9,

Thank you for posting back. @RobbieMac, isn't in the office at that moment but I'll forward on your feedback to his manager.

Thanks

PaddyB

sophos9
Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Perfect, thanks Paddy. Great team!
0 Ratings
sophos9
Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I upgraded to VDSL and the upstream saga continues here

0 Ratings