Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abroadbanduser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Help Moving to ADSL2+

Hello,

My exchange was finally upgraded to WBC ADSL 2+ at the end of 2013, almost 8 years after getting ADSL Max. However after waiting for a further 9 months, I still hadn't head anything about an automatic upgrade, so when I renewed my contract on 1st September I requested an upgrade. After checking the line I was told that it was available and should be activated in 24 hours, but the confirmation email I received said "We estimate your speed will be: between 6.5Mb and 8Mb".

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number on Exchange is served by Cabinet 1

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2 ----Available
Fixed Rate2 ----Available

Results from http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Download Speed (Mbps): 7.12

Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.38

Ping Latency (ms): 50.88

Further Diagnostics returns:

1. Best Effort Test:

Download Speed : 7.12 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.

Running the same test on the BT speed checker http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed

"Sorry there was a problem checking your details. Please check you have entered the correct telephone number and then press 'Start Test' again."

"Sorry, but we've not been able to match all of your details

You can continue and run our download speed test now, but please note that we will only be able to offer you a limited assessment on the meaning of your results."

I have a Home Hub 2.0A, but currently I am using using a Netgear.

RouterStats

Uptime (from SF Count):
3 days, 01:40:38 (I rebooted to see if it made a difference)

Interleaving: Off

Downstream (Rx)

Connection Rate:  8128   Kbps
Line Attenuation: 17     dB
Noise Margin:     10     dB

Max Rate:         9952   Kbps

Interleave CRC:   0
Interleave FEC:   0
Interleave HEC:   0

Fast path CRC:    8
Fast path FEC:    0
Fast path HEC:    0

Superframes:      15595193

Upstream (Tx)

Connection Rate:  448    Kbps
Line Attenuation: 11     dB
Noise Margin:     20     dB

Max Rate:         n/a

Interleave CRC:   0
Interleave FEC:   0
Interleave HEC:   0

Fast path CRC:    1
Fast path FEC:    0
Fast path HEC:    0

Superframes:      15598721

Thank You

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help Moving to ADSL2+

Welcome to the forum

the forum mods will help you and they will post a contact us link. 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi abroadbanduser,

Welcome to the community forum and thank you for posting. I can take a look at your Broadband connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
abroadbanduser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thank you PaddyB, details sent as requested.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

please let us know how you get on
0 Ratings
abroadbanduser
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Firstly a big thank you to everyone and a quick interim update. After sending my details to the moderators, I was phoned back on Wednesday and now have an order for ADSL 2+ on my line, to be activated on 17th September (it takes 5 Working Days). We are then going to see if the new connection, fixes the issue with the BT speedchecker, having tried it with the phone number and the BBIP. I will let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

hope upgrade goes well - look forward to update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings