Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Help - No Broadband connection

Go to solution

Hope you can help. I have returned to my holiday house in Devon after 4 months away. The boardband initially connected for 3 minutes, then dropped. It worked fine previously. I have dial 17070 and the line is clear. I check the serve and speed and all looks OK. I have a TP Link Router rather than a BT Router

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help - No Broadband connection

Go to solution

Which TP Link router do you have?

What does it say on the initial connection page?

I assume you are on ADSL?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Sorry about the delay. I have had to purchase BT Fon to get a connection , and it only holds a connetion for about 5 minutes.

The Router is TD-W9970 V2.

On the first page it says Line Status :Connected.

Then I go to the menu, and run the Diagostic : It then states > Not find internet joins in Diagonstic Complete.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Can you run through the setup wizard again, and make sure that the login details have not changed, as it appears to me

like an authentication issue?

I use that same router.

I found that the setup wizard was very good at automatically identifying the connection type.

I assume that the initial connection stats page shows the ADSL connection?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

kieth, That is fantastic....it all works. I reconfigured the TP Link Router using the Quick Wizard as you suggested . Using the "anything@btbroadband.com" login and password, as you suggested to me last year, and it all worked. Thank you . I am most grateful for all your help. A Merry Christmas to you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

Somehow the configuration must have got corrupted. You can always make a backup of it, to a USB stick.

I make regular backups, as I have a lot of firewall and bandwidth control settings.

The firewall is useful for blocking websites that deliver adverts, as you can keep adding hosts to the blocking list.

I use bandwidth controls on my webserver, and some other devices.

I keep a spare one to play around with, and I notice that the 3G backup works well, with a USB broadband dongle plugged in.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
@Regor1 if you are a BT broadband customer you should not have needed to purchase a fon voucher.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.