cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brengun
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Help broadband issues and engineer visit problems.

Hi and good morning,

Firstly would just like to say I will try to avoid going into a rant but apologise if it gets a little tedious.

I have been with by since November 2015 and have suffered continued Adsl connection and speed problems.

We do live a fair distance away from the exchange and understand we won't get crazy fast speeds however we have fluctuated day by day between 0.012mbps - 2.1mbps.

I have spent numerous hours going through phone calls completing tests , resetting hib, changing wifi channels , disconnecting every electrical item in the house . You name it we have done it. Including replacing a hub also!

Customer care seem to always want to run the same tests on average twice a week every time I call. I now even offer a service where I preempt the checks as it's clearly a script they must follow. I understand this is not the individuals problem however since November we have had 5 engineer visits planned of which 3 have cancelled without warning and no contact to say why and also twice last week where they messed up the booking with open reach and then called to tell me a major fault in my area had been noted.(funny as my naighbour had perfect connection)

I have been reasonable and understand by open reach are busy but for the last three weeks I have yet to get a better speed than 0.12mbps.

I was told I would receive a call to explain on Monday but no call as of yet. Once again let down by customer support. I don't expect huge speeds but to have 2weeks at 2mbps then 6months at less than a tenth of a megabyte is somewhat of a annoyance.

Can someone please explain why I keep getting fobbed off with scripted answers and no rectification of fault . Every time an engineer is booked I have to take a days holiday only to sit around all day and no one turn up. I have used a weeks leave already and over 12 hours of phone calls to be told your line is fine .

I understand you want stats etc but I work off an iPhone not a laptop and have even used a friends laptop to complete a wired connection to achieve the same results.

Can someone please fix my connection
Or atleast honour a engineer booking without blaming another department.

Very frustrating I'm sure you can agree , unfortunately after looking on numerous forums it seems this may fall on deaf ears but I'm lost as where to go next other than to go through a 2 hour phone call again to get the same answers and bik another days leave to remai at 0.012mbps.

Help please

Lou
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help broadband issues and engineer visit problems.

@Brengun

Welcome to this customer forum.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Does your phone line have any noise on it, when you make a call?

Which BT Home hub do you have?

0 Ratings
Brengun
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

hi Thankyou for getting back to me. I am slightly confused by the whole checker tbh as it doesn't like iPhone. I have posted what I can see below

ADSL Max Up to 1 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available --
Fixed Rate 0.5 -- -- Available --

The line is perfectly clear also. Currently on by hub 4

Tbh I understand I'm not going to get insane speed as I am rural based however surely my service cannot jump from 2.4mbps down to 0.09mbps over the recent period.

Bt guarantee me 0.5 and a average of 1.5. But I'm far below that range over the last 3 months.

We have completed all the usual checks , line tests , quiet line tests, change of wifi channel , fixed Ethernet connection etc.

5 engineer appointments now , all of which cancelled last minute or no call what so ever. I was told 2weeks ago that the service would be reinstated after a major fault and I would receive a text to say reset my hub. I am still waiting for that text. ....

I understand you are unindated with problems but surely 6months of next to no connectivity is not reasonable, I do know that if I refused to pay for six months bt would soon be on my case.

All I want is an engineer to actually turn up and check the lines etc . Others on my road using same exchange have no issues so I am baffled as to what the cause can be ... Help please. Planning a wedding on slower than dial up connection is a knightmare.

I have spent another 2hiurs on the phone this morning to go through the same fault finding procedure as I have many times before. The Indian call centre guy was nice enough however it seems no previous reports are ever followed up or even recorded

Regards Lou.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

if you get engineer visit and tthe problem is something wrong with your internal wiring or setup then you will be charged £129.99 for the visit   if nothing found or problem outside your homr then there is no charge

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router    if HH4/5 then go to troubleshooting then logs/wan and you are looking for 2 line together when hub last connected to internet and they will show your connection speed and noise margin or if netgear enter 192.168.0.1). Then run  btspeedtester  (MAC users may have problems). when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post the results ( do not reset the router).  must be done with wired connection

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brengun
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I will do just that many thanks , unfortunately I cannot do wired connection straight away. I operate off iPad day to day. Thankyoufor your help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

just post when you can   only wired results from btspeedtester are accepted by BT as wireless is susceptible to interference

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings