cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Help, exhausted all possible options!?

Did you use Ethernet connection when you ran btspeedtester?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Ping test via CMD (Not sure why I'm getting these results as I can connect to google fine at this point:

Pinging google.co.uk [2a00:1450:4009:806::2003] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 2a00:1450:4009:806::2003:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Yes all speed testing and results done via laptop connected to ethernet, via a BT Mini Connector. (FYI this has had no bearing on speedtests as on Wifi its almost exactly the same.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

Sorry but have you tried connecting laptop direct with Ethernet to hub and see if that makes any difference?  Power line adapters can reduce speed - I have firsthand knowledge of that and there is also forum posts as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 17

I have not, but with the speed test I have run I am getting my expected speeds at this moment, so I fail to see the necessity?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

Great so speed ok now?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Speed has been good as I have been running these tests during offpeak hours as a baseline as you requested. I will post updated speed test when the issue occurs.
0 Ratings