cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

High ping

Have just returned from holidays and have found my connection to be inconsistent and returning high ping times?
Checking the even logs I see the router has been calling home and talking with BT and so I figured I'd try a restart which didn't seem to resolve so followed with a factory reset but still not much better?

I did notice a WIFI connection which seems to relate to a WiFi fon connection and so thought this might be relevant so have opted out?

Checking the event log after factory restart I noticed the noise margin at 27db which is up on previous but figured this might be relevant to the restarts.

Any ideas for what might be causing the high ping?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: High ping

Hi Welcome to the community forums
Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html
once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

if using a hub 4 locate these lines located in the hub logs
Lines should look like this
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.460000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.10 dB downstream
19:11:29, 07 Nov. (2290101.390000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 288 Kbps downstream

Thank You
This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators
0 Ratings
Ant3000
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Have been momitoring and connection appears to have improved overnight so will keep a watch on things and if they deteriorate will post back

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Ok there is always someone around to help
0 Ratings
Del-mk
Message 5 of 5

I am also getting a high ping 2 to 3 times higher than 2 weeks ago it started after BT did some work and checks on the line. BT home hub 5. My up and down speeds are still good though 15 and 50 . It is only the ping which is the issue. I have spoken to BT but they will not do anything re this as the connection is stable. Any help please.
0 Ratings