cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Possum
Message 1 of 15

High sync VERY low throughput

Hi guys, 

I am on here out of sheer desperation to try to fix my internet connection issues. I have called up numerous times and am always told a level 2 tech support agent will contact me and they never have. I am getting VERY slow speeds on my connection, during the day around 1-2mb/s through speedtest.btwholesale.com.

Sync speed is ok howeverm I am connected through a cable and have tested an old router with a different filter into the test socket and still the slow speeds persist. I can see a few errors on the line however without being able to do a KBD I cant get much more information. 

Please if anyone could offer any help?

Connection information

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 day, 02:09:36
Downstream:6,688 Kbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):5.3 dB / 25.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):32.0 dB / 20.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up):20.2 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):239 / 1
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote):0
HEC Errors (Down/Up):484 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):0 / 0
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: High sync VERY low throughput

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  your conenction time is only 2hr is that due to router dropping connection or manual reset?

btspeedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 15

can you please run the further diagnostics part of the BT Speedtest http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ and post the results back
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

In fact ideally you should run the speed test at different times of day to prove your assertion that the download speed is worse at certain times of day.

Possum
Message 5 of 15

Thank you for the reply, My results were:

Download 1.6mb/s

Upload 0.32mb/s

Ping 132ms

[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/fk48p5.jpg[/IMG]

I will post a speedtest in a few minutes again.

We use to get about 6mb/s on this line and this slowly degraded to around 4.5. And for the last month or 2 its been incredibly slow. 1.6mb/s is actually one of the fastest tests ive done in a while.

0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

You really need to disconnect all other Internet-enabled devices when you run the speed test, if you have not already done so.  If you have a PC it might be worth running it in Safe Mode with Networking to limit any other possible Internet activity.  And use a wired connection to your router in case your wireless connection is what is limiting the speed.

Edit: sorry, I see you have already done that last one.

Possum
Message 7 of 15

I just recieved this result.

1. Video Service Quality Test: -provides background information.

Video Service Quality Test Failed 

Your service was found to be performing poorly. Please raise a fault with your service provider, stating that the BT Performance Tester tool indicates poor service throughput performance

0 Ratings
Possum
Message 8 of 15

Thank you for your reply, I have disconnected all devices previously and run speedtests on 2 different machines with the same results. I have disconnected all other phone line devices and devices connected to the router to no avail.

0 Ratings
Reed_Richards
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

It's late; even if your exchange was overloaded at peak hours it should not be too bad now.  Try turning off the wireless on your router/hub, run the BT speedtest and show results.  All your devices could have the same computer virus so I still think Safe Mode with Networking is a good idea.

Possum
Message 10 of 15

Ok so with wireless turned off and in safe mode the speeds are much better, and the ping has decreased. But it is still low for the sync speed. Any ideas? I also appreciate the help you guys are giving, thank you.

Download: 2.3mb/s

Upload: 0.36mb/s

Ping: 41.75

0 Ratings