cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conrob
Message 1 of 7

Home Hub 2.0 frequently dropping connection and requiring to be re-set

I know this is an old model, but we've only just started using it (it is new and prevously unused).  The wireless signal is excellent, but periodically our devices stop being able to connect, despite the signal being as strong as ever.  The only cure for this appears to be re-setting the Hub.  I've looked at various posts on the internet - most common suggestions are changing the wireless channel (tried that twice) or getting a newer model of Hub (or a different type of router altogether).  However, I would rather figure out what the problem is than buy a new Hub or router just in the hope that it will sort things out.

Any advice?  Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Home Hub 2.0 frequently dropping connection and requiring to be re-set

you can try downloading inssider3 (istumbler if MAC) and then run it. This will show the broadcasting networks round about you and their channels including your own. If you then enter your router and change your wireless channel to a free or less congested channel.  try channel 13 as that is often clear

inssider3.1.2.1

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrob
Message 3 of 7

Many thanks for your reply - however I do not appear to have the option of selecting channel 13 - it is not offered on the home hub configuration screen from the drop-down list.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

sorry maybe just the newer hubs.  inssider should help to see what others round about you are using and enable you to select a free or less congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
conrob
Message 5 of 7

Thanks - but I have already done this.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

there are known problems with the hh2 but I would doubt they are affecting you as yours has never been used  http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html

0 Ratings
conrob
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the link.
0 Ratings