cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Home Hub 3 dropping connection a lot and high ping in games

I've been having a problem for the last few weeks where my HH3 will randomly drop connection. Today it's been happening several times an hour. I've not changed anything or any services and usually the only things connected to my HH3 are my computer via ethernet and my iPhone via wireless - this has always been the case but the problem has only started over the last 4-6 weeks. This was happening even whilst I was in the shower, so there was no real load on the line.

I'm also experiencing some very high ping when playing the game League of Legends, and have been for the past 3+ months despite setting up port forwarding to try and combat this - it is the case on my partner's laptop when he connects via wifi and also my main computer connected via Ethernet, to the point where the game is unplayable.

Speed test:

Download speed (Mbps): 19.03
Upload speed (Mbps): 0.91
Ping Latency(ms): 39.63

ADSL settings:

adslset1.jpg

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Home Hub 3 dropping connection a lot and high ping in games

can you post the hidden errors shown when you click on the show detail button
0 Ratings
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

adslset1.jpgSeems to have stabilised for about an hour and a half now in terms of the connection dropping, but it often lasts a few hours then will go through a phase of dropping again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

there is nothing obvious in your stats which look good for just 1+ hr connected

are you connected to test socket?

try quiet lin test  dial 17070 option 2  should hear nothing and best with corded phone   if cordless then dull hum normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

I'm connected to my normal socket, and it's quiet even with cordless. Really not sure what's causing this. Connection has been stable for now, but the problem does occur intermittently throughout the day.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Do you have extension sockets? If so can you connect the the test socket to eliminate any problems caused by the internal wiring

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

No, I'm using an ADSL filter that has the phone connected with the ADSL. It's happening again today, here's the ADSL settings if that's any help;

adslset3.jpg

No discernable trigger.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

as connection time only 2min there is little to see apart from a good connection with noise margin at the normal of 6db.  stats are more help if you Can post with longer connection time - longer the better

have you tried replacing the filter as they don't last forever

have you noticed if your connection drops coincide with making/receiving phone calls

0 Ratings
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

I use my landline perhaps once every week or two and rarely get calls coming in either so it's not related to that.

I'll try a new ADSL filter and see if that helps at all, it should arrive tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

ok just post back later as always someone around

0 Ratings