cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shamus1
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Home Hub 3 dropping connection a lot and high ping in games

my hub 3 was doing exactly the same disconnecting and i have high ping,bt engineers came out and changed my hub to a new hub 4 as they think it was that,i have been reading a lot about high ping around at the moment on not just bt networks but most of them,i think it has a lot to do with the release of new games ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 14

high ping can certainly be due to the games servers getting overloaded however that would not cause disconnections of the hub
0 Ratings
Pyratus
Beginner
Message 13 of 14

I've been at work a lot for the past few days, but I was home early yesterday and I've been home today and it continues to drop despite me putting in a new ADSL filter. When it drops it does so several times in a row for about 20 minutes - the 'uptime' isn't long enough for me to even load a webpage during this period, the hub light goes blue then off/orange within a matter of seconds, then appears to stabilise for a while. It dropped both yesterday and today.

Perhaps I should call an engineer :s

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

is there anything here 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings